• Register
  • Help

Topic: defrag question

Share/Bookmark

defrag question

With gigastudio can you use other degrag utilities such as the Norton defrag without losing registration info?

Re: defrag question

I lost my registration info a while back. I ran the drives through a series of tools/diagnostics in Norton SystemWorks. I don\'t know what caused it, though it could have been the defrag. Word of caution, only clean up your HD on weekdays during the times when GS registration support is avaialble.

Don\'t Nemesys make a point of saying \'don\'t use anything other than the Windwows defrag programme.\'?

This happened to me too when I used norton\'s speeddisk. The problem with using windows\' defrag is that it doesn\'t do the job well, plus it runs for the whole day. compared to several minutes. I now have the system\'s partition on C, then install gigastudio on D, and have other drives for gigafiles. So this way I can defrag my systemfiles, and giga files but not mess around with gigastudio program files.

My \"solution\" is to defrag overnight. I check the weather reprorts to make sure it is not going to storm. Power going on and off whilst defragging, is not a great idea!

With GigaSampler, I had to run DEFRAG from with GSampler, but GStudio does not have this limitation.

Lawrence

Go Back to forum