• Register
  • Help

Topic: samples sound VERY differently comparing GS and AKAI S5000 : why ?

Share/Bookmark

samples sound VERY differently comparing GS and AKAI S5000 : why ?

Hi there !
    I was surprised to hear a lot of differencies in samples using AKAI S5000 and GigaSampler. For example, with the first sampler, using PS\'s Classical World Choir, I had some \"clips\" with the loops while with GS, everything seems perfect. Whereas, with some Miroslav Vitous samples (from W + B and Strings v2.0) some samples are really different. I work in a studio with AKAI S5000 and with GS at home, and it\'s really annoying to lose a lot of time in changing the samples parameters to make them sounding the same. Moreover, with the orch perc#2 in lightware studio CD, some part of the program is totally different (release time for example). Is it a S-converter problem (then IMPROVE it), or linked to samples librairy ? Buying again the collections I have (one in AKAI format for the studio, one in GS at hoem) is really not what I want to do. So, I need some explainations,
    jam

Re: samples sound VERY differently comparing GS and AKAI S5000 : why ?

I agree with you completly.
    Hey Nemesys, s-converter needs improvment.

thanks
    p.s. Dont get me wrong, I really like GS:-)

Unfortunately C-Convert does not work as claimed and is the big disappointment with GS. The claim that GS reads all Akai libraries is, in fact, untrue at this point in time.

sorry to say that... so we have to keep buying giga format cds ?

Go Back to forum