• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with registration of Garritan Aria player in Finale 2012

Share/Bookmark

Problem with registration of Garritan Aria player in Finale 2012

Hello. I have had Garritan professional Orchestra for years, and haven't had any problem until I upgraded to Finale 2012. At that point, ie once I upgraded, when using Garritan for Finale Choir instruments (not available in my GPO) the Aria player refused to react to the licence being dropped onto it, and it cuts out after 15 minutes. Even when using it inside Kontakt 3, the instruments from Garritan for Finale appear as "demo" instruments. It's very annoying because I've paid for all this stuff, but I can't use it. Is it because of GPO being already there that I can't use Garritan Instruments for Finale? Does anyone have any experience of this issue?
    Thanks in advance
    Gus

Re: Problem with registration of Garritan Aria player in Finale 2012

Hello Gus,

Sorry to read of the problem you're having there. I also have Finale 2012 and GPO4 and when I upgraded everything went ok without any of the problems you describe.

You should be able to use both GPO and the 'Instruments for Finale' and mix and match as much as you want.

Is your Finale 2012 upgrade from a download or did you buy a physical DVD? If you installed from a download, then there is a good possibility your download was corrupt in some way. I had to try no less than 5 times before I finally got a non-corrupt download and I have a good Broadband connection.

If you are confident you had a non-corrupt download and that your installation completed fully then were you able to authorise your new Finale upgrade successfully?

Assuming that Finale 2012 is authorised successfully and if I were in this situation my course of action would be to completely uninstall everything Finale and Garritan (remembering to deauthorise Finale in the 'Help' menu first). I would then use a system cleaner to thoroughly clean out my system to remove any temp and cache files (they could potentially interfere with a clean install). I would then reinstall starting with Finale 2012 first.

Before moving on to reinstall GPO, I would first check that Finale 2012 is working and that the Finale set of instruments is now functioning. All being well, I would then go on to reinstall GPO which should then work within Finale.

I hope there is something here to help. Please report back and let us know.

Good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Thanks Michael for that advice. If I have time today or tomorrow, I'll try re-installing everything, otherwise it'll have to wait a week until I'm back at my desk. I'll let you know the outcome in either case. My Finale was a download, so it may be corrupted, although how to know is beyond me!
    Gus

Michael, you were right. I reinstalled and it all works beautifully! Thanks for you help!

Go Back to forum