• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help with 64 bit GPO 4

Help with 64 bit GPO 4

I am using GPO 4 in Sonar 64 bit. Aria player loads just fine. However, if I attempt to use the 64 bit aria engine everything loads, but there is no sound. It is registering that midi data is arriving, but nothing will sound. Even if I use the keyboard in the player, nothing sounds. The 32 bit player will play sounds, but not the 64. I have tried loading individual sounds and ensembles in the 64 bit. I have tried both the 64 bit player and the 64 bit multi player. Though all 32 bit works, 64 does not.
    I am using Windows 7 64 bit with an asus core i7 950 motherboard. Just not sure why there are no instrument sounds in 64 bit. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Help with 64 bit GPO 4

I had this also long time ago. Configure your sound system of Windows to play 44.1. Then do the same in Sonar. When both aren't synchronized there is no sound. For SONAR look in Audio options - middle of the window. Of course you can do this for 48 Khz also, but remind that both systems must have the same.

There may be other reasons, but this came up.

Thank you for your help. I will give that a try. One thing I did forget to mention is that I am using a MOTU 2408 (the original) as my audio interface.

Thanks again.

David, here's something that solved an ARIA issue I had recently. Open the control panel for your interface and change the buffer size to a numeral divisible by 4 - i.e. "240" instead of "256."

That was a tip straight from an ARIA programmer. He explained that for whatever reason, Sonar glitches out in various ways with buffers set to an uneven number. Check on that anyway, maybe it'll help with your problem.

Thanks, Randy. I will definately give that a try.

Go Back to forum