• Register
  • Help

Topic: Nemesys Harp and Bass

Share/Bookmark

Re: Nemesys Harp and Bass

I think the bass library they were referring to is the Larry Seyer Acoustic Bass. Don\'t know about the help

Sorry, I meant to say \"don\'t know about the HARP.\"

Both these libraries are shipping and reviews will come out before too long. The bass is picked jazz style and includes several velocities in stereo with no loops of course. There are slides up and down at two speeds and there are x-notes and thumps,harmonics and effects. Most importantly, on the sustain notes are body resonance on the release of the notes. You can even adjust the volume of this resonance with the mod wheel. All these articulations are available on a single MIDI channel using the keys of course along with the Mod Wheel, Foot control(CC 04) and breath control(CC 02) and sustain pedal. There is also a variations that has the sustain notes accessible by fingering position\\string. On this, the mod wheel works as a 4 way switch that exposes the full range of each string depending on the mod wheel position.
    The harp is 4 velocity stereo, no loops and 2 velocity stereo for harmonic\\open tones, accesible with the mod wheel. It is close miked. There are glissando variations that let you use the white keys to glissando up and down in any key depending on the position of 7 MIDI controllers. (just like a real harp pedal system) You can also use the included MIDI files to instantly change the chords of the harp. This gives you control of the speed, direction and key of the glissandos.
    Hope this helps.
    Take care
    Dave

Nemesys Harp and Bass

Anyone have any info on Harp and Bass libraries being prepared by Nemesys?

They were mentioned in the GS review in the current copy of Recording. Much of the other info on available sampler libraries was incorrect. This might be out to lunch also.

Hi,

I just received the Larry Seyer bass and it is *stunning*. I can recommend it with no reservations to anyone interested.

I was extremely dissapointed with the Steinway, especially at low velodities. The Yamaha is still it for me.

Very curious about the harp. I personally wish it had been done with some natural ambiance... When is it shipping if not already?

- Chris Beck

Thanks Dave!

And thanks Nemesys for producing a Harp library. It\'s been a \"missing link\", as AO has no single notes.

Hi

Larry Seyers Bass is the best there is all will be. I did a demo at Daswons in Warrington for the staff and the words \"Wow\" \" *@$%ing amazing\" \"play it me again\" were in common use. The other side of the coin however was that one guy thought that the Gigapiano sounded like a Yamaha home organ. Not sure on that one. I think the Piano sits nice in any mix but on its own I have always thought the middle octaves are a little thin.

Just a personal perspective from a half deaf knackered musician.

KIA

ps. No idea what the harp is like but I\'ll bet my dirty laundry that it is tremendous.

Go Back to forum