• Register
  • Help

Topic: digital noise?

Share/Bookmark

digital noise?

Has anyone else had any problems with a high-pitch noise when playing back your samples in Gigasampler? When I play back the Unity notes it sounds fine. But the notes where the sample\'s pitch is modulated often give off a high pitch noise in the background (digital noise??). I am using two samples per octave. Is there something special I need to do to prepare the samples before using them in Gigasampler? I am using an Event Gina soundcard with the latest (5.02) drivers installed. Thanks.

Re: digital noise?

I\'ve heard it too. Its some sort of high pitched ring on the transposed notes between the unity notes. I usually use four notes per octave when building instruments and I still hear it. I guess it is a limitation of the software. I usually use high frequency noise reduction from my C1+ Native Power Pack plug in to remove it from my audio tracks. C1+ is the bomb. Peace.

Re: digital noise?

Thanks for the response. I think you\'re right it does seem to be a problem with the software. I hope Gigastudio doesn\'t suffer from this problem like Gigasampler does.

I also thought about removing the noise with a plugin, the only problem being that the track would have to already be recorded before you could do that (I would like to use Gigasampler in a live setting). I guess I could also export the transposed notes, remove the noise, and put them all back into Gigasampler. Of course I would have to have a seperate sample for every note which would really eat up the hard drive space. Oh well, guess you can\'t have everything.

Go Back to forum