• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cal's Theme

Cal's Theme

This is a simple, contemplative, piece.
    Nothing else to say about it really other than it features the beautiful Garritan Steinway.
    I hope you find it relaxing.
    Alan T
    Garritan: GPO4, JABB3, Steinway Model D Basic; Cakewalk: Sonar X1 Producer, VS100; MakeMusic: Finale 2011, PrintMusic 2011.

Suburban NYC

Re: Cal's Theme

Nice job, Alan.

Very lovely, plaintive number ... I agree w/ the SC comment that it's like a lullaby.

Boy, what a fantastic sound out of that piano ... gorgeous!

I probably would have liked a little motion in the strings between the piano phrases, but the pure, simple feel of the piece is sweet.

Other than having your own Steinway Concert Grand in your home, the Garritan Steinway certainly lives up to the Steinway name. The sound is very beautiful as is the plaintiff melody that you put together. As Frank said, maybe a little string movement and direction in the middle of the piece would add a nice touch but as it is, the piece is just lovely. Thank you for sharing this with us.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Alan. This is an elegantly simple piece that I found very relaxing to listen to. Nothing felt strained here. The melody, accompaniment and the harmonic movement seemed very natural to me.
    Thanks for posting such a pleasant listen. Jay

Sweet, Alan! Solid, simple recording of an equally solid, simple and pleasing lullaby tune. As others have said - aren't you glad to have the Garritan Steinway?

Frank, Rich, Jay, and Randy
    Thank you all for your comments and feedback.
    I agree entirely that some more movement in the strings will lift the middle section. To be honest, the strings were a bit of an afterthought, and I didn’t take as much time and care over this as I normally would.
    I will re-upload and update the thread when I have had another look. Constructive criticism is always good and appreciated.
    Alan T
    Garritan: GPO4, JABB3, Steinway Model D Basic; Cakewalk: Sonar X1 Producer, VS100; MakeMusic: Finale 2011, PrintMusic 2011.

I love music like this. A beautiful little theme - piano sounds great. The strings are a nice accompaniment, simple and low enough to keep the focus on the piano. Yes it would have been nice to hear the strings pick up the theme for a few measures, but that is just an alternate arrangement. Well done.

- Graham
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel

Go Back to forum