• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Release of Giga 3

Share/Bookmark

Release of Giga 3

To Tascam

Why can\'t you tell us the release date for Giga 3?

Propeller heads does it and just did it in fact for Recycle OSX

Why is it so difficult for you to let customers know what is going on?

What are you afraid of?

I just get so sick of being kept in the dark...

Giga...

Re: Release of Giga 3

Giga,

the issue that still bothers me with Giga 3.0 is the immediate render to an audio track as in Kontakt\'s bounce to track using Sonar 3.0 Where is this luxury in Giga 3.0?

Alan Russell

They already have -- their website states Giga 3 will ship in \"April 2004\".

http://www.tascamgiga.com/pricing.php

I would then expect it to ship on April 30th, 11:59pm.

Especially with a \"big release\" like this, it is very difficult to accurately predict when the software will be completely developed and tested.

Originally posted by Martin Hines:
    They already have -- their website states Giga 3 will ship in \"April 2004\".

http://www.tascamgiga.com/pricing.php

I would then expect it to ship on April 30th, 11:59pm.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I would then call you an optimist!

Alan,

GS3 supports Propellerheads\' Rewire 2 protocol. I believe this will allow you to bounce/render GS3 rewired tracks in the same manner as other VSTi tracks do.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Alan Russell:
    Giga,

the issue that still bothers me with Giga 3.0 is the immediate render to an audio track as in Kontakt\'s bounce to track using Sonar 3.0 Where is this luxury in Giga 3.0?

Alan Russell
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Everything\'s a tradeoff. Where\'s the luxury of boolean-searching an entire sound effects database across a network in Kontakt, and having your results mapped to the keyboard for audition in the blink of an eye? Or the luxury of being able to construct a radically dimensioned sound library in a few minutes vs. a few hours?

I personally don\'t mind the tradeoffs. GigaStudio has so many advantages in so many different uses due to its architecture that I\'ll take the minor warts. Giga 3.0 will be able to render so many tracks simultaneously that the workflow issues will be largely moot, anyway. Giga has been putting food on my table, non stop, since 1999. I\'ll sure take that kind of luxury!!

At NAMM, I got a chance to mess with Giga 3, and it looks incredible. They got some high tech **** brewin\', and so I rather them take as much time as they need to do a great job than to send a hack-job piece of software (I can name a couple companies who do the latter). I got to talk with Pete Snell over there, and I can tell they aren\'t fooling around with this. So chill out dude - the goods are acomin\'.

Which sound cards will have the new GSIF2 drivers. Does anyone know?

Remember that Giga will have to kompete with the forthcoming Kontakt v2....NI haven\'t finished yet.....

Frank

Kontakt 2 not finished yet?

hehe - there are many who would say that Kontakt 1 isn\'t finished yet either!!!

Originally posted by Chadwick:
    Kontakt 2 not finished yet?

hehe - there are many who would say that Kontakt 1 isn\'t finished yet either!!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No innovative software is ever finished, IMHO. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] When Giga 3 is out, stable, and supported by Hi-def libraries - then it will resume it\'s place in the pantheon of modern soft samplers once again. However, I\'ve been told by more than one sample developer that they heard the same thing from Tascam two years ago, after Musikmesse the word came down - \"it\'ll be out in April\". Then in late April they got the word that it would be out after Summer NAMM, then AES, and on and on...

It\'ll be out when it\'s out. It\'ll be stable when it\'s stable. I\'m sure that there will be a lot more buzz when the platform is in the hands of third party developers and you start hearing from them how cool it\'s going to be and what innovations it allows them to enbibe for your torture/pleasure/$$$. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum