• Register
  • Help

Topic: By the Wabash River

Share/Bookmark

By the Wabash River

Just a little fun for violin, autoharp and washtub bass.

https://www.box.com/s/542bbc1e6bb483b94cee

Randy’s autoharp has FAR more abilities than this simple little piece, but I had to try it out. It takes a little getting used to, and the octaves are indeed critical. At first I missed the obvious and was resetting octaves on my MPK49 keyboard. But the sound is good and once I got the hang of it, using it in Finale and Aria was direct and easy.

Re: By the Wabash River

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Just a little fun for violin, autoharp and washtub bass.

https://www.box.com/s/542bbc1e6bb483b94cee

Randy’s autoharp has FAR more abilities than this simple little piece, but I had to try it out. It takes a little getting used to, and the octaves are indeed critical. At first I missed the obvious and was resetting octaves on my MPK49 keyboard. But the sound is good and once I got the hang of it, using it in Finale and Aria was direct and easy.
    What fun! The first thing I've heard using the Autoharp besides my own demos- !

Thank you so much for posting this, Tom. I'd really like to pick your brain a bit about your experience so far with the Autoharp. A couple of people are having an issue of not all the samples playing, and so far, it's a mystery what's causing that to happen. I might be able to get a bead on what's going wrong for them, if I can get some more detailed feedback from you.

So - I'll be sending you a PM - Hope you can help me out a bit.

AND, thanks again for posting this - You've really brightened up my morning!

Randy

Hi Tom,

I enjoyed hearing the Autoharp put to use in a real setting. Nice job! Your little exercise definately had a down home feel to it.

Thanks for posting this,

Regards,

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hi Tom,

I enjoyed hearing the Autoharp put to use in a real setting. Nice job! Your little exercise definately had a down home feel to it.

Thanks for posting this,

Regards,

Frank
    Thank you so very much. Of course the washtub bass helped a lot too. The autoharp can be a fine solo instrument, but most of my experience has been as you heard it in the sample; a rhythmic tonal background. I believe Randy has done a fine job on this sample. I am considering the autoharp for a number in Hidden Streets to be performed (hopefully) in the summer of 2013 at our local opera house.

Go Back to forum