• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems with Strad

Share/Bookmark

Problems with Strad

Hi All,

I have been setting up a new music computer and loaded the Stradivari into Kontakt 5 and it seems there are a few incompatibilities or other problems causing notes to stick on the virtual keyboard and strange playback, where notes are either silent, or don't stop playing.

Has anyone else experienced running the Strad with Kontakt 5, or indeed experienced this problem with other configurations?

Re: Problems with Strad

Quote Originally Posted by AlanPerkins View Post
    Hi All,

I have been setting up a new music computer and loaded the Stradivari into Kontakt 5 and it seems there are a few incompatibilities or other problems causing notes to stick on the virtual keyboard and strange playback, where notes are either silent, or don't stop playing.

Has anyone else experienced running the Strad with Kontakt 5, or indeed experienced this problem with other configurations?
    Hi, Alan - I continue to use the Strad and also the Gofriller on my new(ish) spiffy machine, and with no problems like you're describing. What I'm doing is continuing to use the old Kontakt Player 2 - ! Since it works, it doesn't matter to me that when I load KP2, all I'm going to do with it is load one or both of those strings.

Maybe that's an option for you?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Alan - I continue to use the Strad and also the Gofriller on my new(ish) spiffy machine, and with no problems like you're describing. What I'm doing is continuing to use the old Kontakt Player 2 - ! Since it works, it doesn't matter to me that when I load KP2, all I'm going to do with it is load one or both of those strings.

Maybe that's an option for you?

Randy
    Ah! The Player!

Thanks Randy, yes I can use that. For some reason I thought you needed the full Kontakt.

It has been a while.

Looking forward to getting myself back into creating some music for the first time in ages. I will stop travelling back and forward to Shanghai at the end of August.

I have also just bought myself my first decent camera and intend to explore those creative outlets too.

By the way, I stumbled across one of DPDan's old renditions with the Strad - incredible what he did with that - looking forward to seeing what Garritan and co can come up with for the next generation.

Thanks again Randy.

You and DPDan have earned a lifetime supply of all Garritan/Finale products as far as I am concerned from contributions to the community.

I was just using the Strad in Kontakt 4 without problems. So the issues may be with Kontakt 5.

Jim

HI Alan, thanks for the kind words

I too use Kontakt 4 player for both the Strad and Cello

Dan

And, me too.......

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hi All, thanks for the responses. Currently back in Shanghai, will check this when I get back.

Well, I can say the Strad does work with Kontakt 5. Only issue I run into using it is getting the vibrato to work in Finale. It works great as in stand-alone, but nothing seems to work in getting the Mod wheel to work. I know I'm missing something, but I'm flummoxed to figure out what it is.

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

As I mentioned earlier, I still use KP2 for playing both the Strad and the Gofriller. I have KP4, but it didn't add any functionality to those instruments that I could see - the GUI is so much bigger and complicated, it's gathering dust in my program files. The way 3rd party .nki files only work in "Demo mode" was a pain too. Maybe I missed something advantageous about KP4--?

Randy

Go Back to forum