• Register
  • Help

Topic: Matrix Reloaded Score... Like it?

Share/Bookmark

Matrix Reloaded Score... Like it?

The intro to the movie is amazing. The numbers floating all over the screen and the opening music is really great IMO. But, then there are moments where it doesn\'t seem to fit as well such as \"hip beats to fight scenes\" and sort of \"Dragnet\" sounding horn stabs. I don\'t know. Then there is that 80\'s sounding metal/hip hop or whatever you call it in the closing titles.

At the end the movie with that abrupt \"to be continued\" thing, it almost brings a corny aspect of the score to the forefront. However, there are moments in the score that I really like (particularly the themes related to the opening scenes). So, I don\'t know. I could imagine something a little more unique and futuristic musically for this interesting series of films.

I recently watched Blade Runner again and it is amazing. The score is really cool, even if it sounds dated (what CS80\'s are not still be used in film scoring? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ). But, it sounds dated yet futuristic... or maybe it\'s more artistic and creative, unique etc. I don\'t know. I really like the Matrix. I just don\'t know if the score matches up to the quality of Keanu\'s acting... well, wait a minute. I mean the quality of the concepts behind the story line and particularly the script of the Architect which I am still trying to understand. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Any thoughts? Did you like the score?

Re: Matrix Reloaded Score... Like it?

We did this already Squids, you might want to do a search [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Minor Spoilers below!!!

I\'ve seen the movie three times now

once on IMAX (which IMO is now the only way to watch the movie, as everything, including the \"fake\" cgi stuff jsut worked better on such a big screen)

I still hate the Dougan tracks IN THE MOVIE. I REALLY REALLY REALLY distaste the way the remix of clubbed to death works (the entranceway scene with the weapons). Its just incredibly terrible how it starts, and feels incredibly forced overall.

I still cant get over the Juno Reactor/Don Davis remix of Burly Brawl. Its become quite a joke here for us to mimic the music with mouth sounds (darrnaw da darnaw darn darn...reek reek reeek reek reek...darrnaw da darnaw darn darn...aahhhhAHHHHHaahhhhhAHHHHHH). Its so over the top kinetic that it drives me nuts, and becomes comedic. I really love most of Juno reactor\'s stuff, I just hate how this one worked in the movie.

The movie becomes one long MTV music video every fight scene. Except the Morpheus one on the freeway. The whole \"coolness\" factor is lost because there is no moderation in the use of \"cool\" (ahem) music. I really feel that there was too much pressure from too many people to make this \"cooler\" instead of \"as cool\". Too many hands in the mix (including pre screening idiots who have something to say).

Man I really missed all those Triplet Brass staccs from the Subway Fight scene.

I feel its safe for me to say that I really disliked the use of music in this movie. It became a paorody of itself.

Just like how all movies are trying to use some \"cool groove\" in fight scenes like Matrix did with Spybreak, or god help us the \"uber-cool\" running sequences of movies that all have to be Run Lola Run....AAAACKKK! Talk about a cool idea for a movie that gimmicked itself to death. (not that I think it could have been done any other way).

Originally posted by lex:
    There is a Reloaded thread allready, do a search for it.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I love the score, the only bit I don\'t like is the first Dougan track, Neo vs 3 agents...

I just felt it was to early in the movie to start with the \"fight beats\" track...and the track itself is not that great to begin with..
    I loved the how the second Dougan track worked tough.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alex
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree completely.

It occured to me that this was sort of OT so I apologize for that as I am a little new to this forum. I\'ll check out the other thread though, thanks.

It fits the movie for the most part. Some moments are better than others in how it fits to the picture. Ultimately, I liked the overall effect even if at times I could imagine a better soundtrack.

Ok. Back to sample libraries then... I did read actually that one of the composers used some of the sounds Sonic Reality made in Sampletank. They also used Atmosphere quite a bit among other things. There was an intersting article in one of the music trades about it recently. So, I guess I can\'t complain about the sounds used. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Come on King, do not mock Burly Brawl! LOL!

I am so in love with that cue.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alex

I absolutely find the opening music great... especially the swelling horns, very cool. About the beats/heavy metal... that\'s ok too, it fits to the film, don\'t you think?

There is a Reloaded thread allready, do a search for it.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I love the score, the only bit I don\'t like is the first Dougan track, Neo vs 3 agents...

I just felt it was to early in the movie to start with the \"fight beats\" track...and the track itself is not that great to begin with..
    I loved the how the second Dougan track worked tough.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alex

Go Back to forum