• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 1.2.1 Update

Kontakt 1.2.1 Update

Kontakt 1.2.1 update is already available at the Native Instruments Updates Site!

I hope Giga import really works now, and DFD, and... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m just excited because Kontakt has just been parked in my \'computer garage\' for so long.

Re: Kontakt 1.2.1 Update

Oops! Got too excited I didn\'t see the announcement was already previously posted a few hours earlier.

Please forgive me... :-)

Re: Kontakt 1.2.1 Update

Initial report on giga import of Kontakt 1.2.1:

So far, I was able to import Sam Horns and some of my custom gig files with keyswitches without problems except for Garritan Lite KS gigs where I\'d get error and Kontakt has to shut down. I wonder why. The other Garritan gigs that contain no keyswitches import flawlessly.

Also, the sound quality is better to my ears. I don\'t know if I\'m just excited or it actually is better.

I can now have \'virtually\' unlimited voices as opposed to GS\'s 96 which is what I currently have. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

On the other hand, my PMI Bos will have to stay with GS because of Maple FX which only works with it at the moment. This goes the same for VOTA.

My question is, apart from some libraries offering 24-bit samples for Kontakt, will there be a difference between imported gig files and original Kontakt version of the libraries from the developer sites?

Oh well, let me just experiment some more - I haven\'t explored Kontakt yet and I am fairly new to Gigastudio so I don\'t have enough credibility to compare the two. So far, I just love Gigastudio and I\'m still waiting for version 3.0. Hopefully, by then, I can finally decide as to which platform I should settle down with.

Go Back to forum