• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Elfman's Hulk Score

Elfman\'s Hulk Score

By now, I\'m sure many know the story of Danny Elfman replacing a fired composer for the Hulk movie.

This article from the LA Times gives some interesting insight. Now I think he did a nice job under trying circumstances.

Sounds like it was extremely awkward for Elfman to walk into a scenario where he wasn\'t wanted by the director. Ang Lee wouldn\'t even comment for this story.

I saw the movie last weekend. The opening cue was good. After that, I couldn\'t tell you because I couldn\'t hear much of it. The music was completely overwhelmed by sound FX. And I saw this at Hollywood\'s Cinerama Dome..great sound.

I guess this was Ang Lee\'s way of getting back at the powers that be.

Sure would be nice if the DVD has a music only track when it comes out. One thing I did noticed is that this is not at all a typical Danny Elfman score. After reading the article, I understand why.

Loved the quotes.....\"that\'s a Danny\"....bwahhaa

Here is the link:

Re: Elfman\'s Hulk Score

I really enjoyed this score. Especially the original Main Titles. It\'s not really a theme, more like a motif, but it works incredibly well in my opinion. The brass recording isn\'t as nice as in Spider-Man, but Danny Elfman still proves himself to be a great composer. And this was all done in 6 weeks! (Wow!)

Danny Elfmans 50? He sure doesn\'t look it!

Seems like they should change the name of this forum from Sample Library Discussions to Coffeehouse or Off-Topic.

Personally, I don\'t care if some thread are OT. This is a great read, and I\'m not at all a fan of Elfman\'s. Super link! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I cant understand how \"doing a danny\" is a negative thing. =)

Thanks for the link - a good read.

Best regards,

Thanks Runyon. Fascinating.

Excellent read, thanks Runyon. Danny is marrying Bridget Fonda?? That\'s news in itself. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

One thing strikes me: with so little time, do you think there\'s any chance that part of the score was... virtual? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum