• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: AU reverb?

AU reverb?

I\'m putting in my order for G5 duel 2.0ghz, but there is still not a real pro reverb plug-in for AU yet!!
    I assume that many of you guys trying to move to OSX have had the same problem, and Waves hasn\'t helped by dragging their feet.

Has anyone found a great reverb plug-in for AU?

Re: AU reverb?

Prepare to wait a while.... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Hey midphase, thanks for pointing out \"Ambience\"!:

Waves has just announced AU support sometime this summer, and there\'s always the FXpansion VST>AU Wrapper with which Waves stuff will work.

Oy vey. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

FYI, this was posted to the Logic Users Group on Saturday. I\'m not on a Mac so can\'t test it myself.

\"Somebody told me to check out the Apple reverb that comes with OS 10 today. I had been so skeptical about it that I had not even tried it even though I have been working in OS X almoast exclusively for a
    while now. Silly me. It\'s great!!! It is now my favorite native reverb. It is really quite creamy.\"

Steve Chandler

Actually, funny you should mention it!

There is an excellent Reverb that rivals some high end Waves and TC stuff, it\'s AU compatible, it\'s really full featured and extremely cool. There\'s only one problem with it......it\'s free! Yep, it\'s a pretty awful thing for a developer to do to themselves nowadays. You see, what happens is that people assume that when something is free there\'s something wrong with it. It must be crap they think! And that is quite unfortunate, bacause this reverb is one of the best non-convolution reverbs out there.

It\'s really a shame!

Yep, I have successfully used Renaissance Verb as an AU after having converted it using FXpansion\'s Converter. It took all of 20 seconds... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by midphase:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">wow, this is just amazing! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I knew about ambience, but I was getting weird \"gobbly\" performance, which was making it sound more like the Enigma plug-in.

So, Waves told me that the conversion tools from FXpansion wouldn\'t work!

Have there been any compromises?

Go Back to forum