• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hey Gary or Randy, Here's Your Next Project!

Share/Bookmark

Hey Gary or Randy, Here's Your Next Project!

We need boomwhacker samples, hehe.
    ~Rodney

Re: Hey Gary or Randy, Here's Your Next Project!

That's an excellent idea, Rodney! hehe--Really, I think it'd be fun. Hmmm, just gotta round me up some of those Boomwhackers first---- Don't be too surprised if some day, when you least expect it, you'll see a new thread in here, "BOOMWHACKERS for your ARIA!"

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    That's an excellent idea, Rodney! hehe--Really, I think it'd be fun. Hmmm, just gotta round me up some of those Boomwhackers first---- Don't be too surprised if some day, when you least expect it, you'll see a new thread in here, "BOOMWHACKERS for your ARIA!"

Randy
    And I would be the first to pay you for it, my friend!
    ~Rodney

Where do you find these things? That is a neat sound. I did notice, though, there is only one guy in the performing group other than the director. I hope this is not a sad commentary on the direction of music performers in schools.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Where do you find these things? That is a neat sound. I did notice, though, there is only one guy in the performing group other than the director. I hope this is not a sad commentary on the direction of music performers in schools.
    Oh no, it isn't. This recording was a couple of years ago and each year changes. This year the same group is almost 50% male and female. BTW, just google boomwhackers. You can find them about anywhere on the web.
    ~Rodney

Thanks Rodney! I will look boomwhackers up!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by composingatnight View Post
    And I would be the first to pay you for it, my friend!
    ~Rodney
    Wouldja, Rodney? I might actually do this Boomwhacker for ARIA project, but wow - looking at the prices, I'd need to spend around $100 to get all the Boomwhackers needed to work up a thorough sample set. If I buy all those plastic tube things - I'd HAve to charge for the sample set to recoup expenses, and not make it a "donate please" proposition like Autoharp-- um, that hasn't worked out to be a very wise way to do business.

AND, along the lines of the "Kitchen Sink" set of samples I did some time ago, I'd like to do up a bunch of toys, whistles, plastic guitars, little xylophones, do up a big box of toys in one big sample set. Look what you've done to me with this wild idea---ARRrrrrrrgggggh!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Wouldja, Rodney? I might actually do this Boomwhacker for ARIA project, but wow - looking at the prices, I'd need to spend around $100 to get all the Boomwhackers needed to work up a thorough sample set. If I buy all those plastic tube things - I'd HAve to charge for the sample set to recoup expenses, and not make it a "donate please" proposition like Autoharp-- um, that hasn't worked out to be a very wise way to do business.

AND, along the lines of the "Kitchen Sink" set of samples I did some time ago, I'd like to do up a bunch of toys, whistles, plastic guitars, little xylophones, do up a big box of toys in one big sample set. Look what you've done to me with this wild idea---ARRrrrrrrgggggh!

Randy
    Go for it, Randy - I'll send in some coin. But look at lots of sets - they get pretty wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    ...look at lots of sets - they get pretty wild.
    Isn't there just one official Boomwhacker company? I saw a one octave diatonic set for $20 at Amazon. Then you pay something like $40 for a lower octaves set, another $30 for a higher octave. And then there are caps and extensions--? Guess I need to roll up my sleeves and do some serious Boomwhacker research!

Randy

If you've seriously got time to waste on boomwhackers (whatever is the world coming to?), I looked at the calendar but it wasn't the 1st of April, please could you seriously look at sampling an oboe da caccia for my baroque orchestra.

You can find it described on wikipedia.

Mark you, you may have trouble finding one to sample!

Perhaps a complete vuvuzela wind group might be in order too!

SysExJohn.

P.S. I definitely will NOT be contributing to boomwhacker or vuvuzela samples, let alone downloading them.

Go Back to forum