• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Free shofar sample

Free shofar sample

I spent the afternoon recording shofar calls and learning how to use the Giga editor to make it into a gig. Thanks to Kip for his help! There is no pitch shifting going on. the calls are all on the same shofar, a 3 foot long twisted kudu horn (I\'ll post a picture later). I have 15 different recordings, triggered starting at C4. Hold the key until the sample stops to hear the whole call. I recorded at 24 bits and dithered down to make the gig.

There are 3 different calls:

Tekiah - a long blast (varying lengths)
    Shevarim - a wailing sound
    Teruah - a broken trumpet sound

C4 - G4 - Tekiah (all notes, including half steps)
    A5, B5 - Teruah
    C5, D5 - Shevarim
    E5 - low note
    E6, E7 high note

I also recorded just the low note and high note individually (there are only two notes in the calls...well what do you expect from an animal horn? [grin]).

Enjoy. Let me know if you have suggestions. I recorded two other shofars as well, and will put them up when I have time. They are both ram\'s horns.

-- Martin

Re: Free shofar sample

Very cool - very generous!

How about legato shofar, keyswitched articulations, or section samples? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Very cool!!!

Acctualy I can probably use this right away in something Im working on... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Is it ok if I use this? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Feel free to use this gig in any way you wish, EXCEPT to sell it, or include it in a library of samples for sale. You may use it in your music of any kind, for any purpose.

-- Martin

Quoted by Martin:
    \"I spent the afternoon recording shofar calls and learning how to use the Giga editor to make it into a gig. Thanks to Kip for his help!\"
    End of Quote:

Anytime, glad I was able to help you.

All the best,

If you use the shofar samples, please post a link to the music so I can hear it, or email me an mp3.

I just put up a new page on my website for the free samples. Go to http://www.starbirthmusic.com and follow the link to \"Instrument Samples\".

When you audition the samples, be sure and hold the key down until the sound stops to hear the full sample. Some are pretty long.

-- Martin

Thanks, Martin. I\'m sure this will find a place in my current World music album.

Just downloaded. Many thanks!!

Thanks Martin, What a wonderful gift!

The legato and keyswitched samples will come with the Shofar Performance Set. There will be a special utility to make your performance more realistic [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

-- Martin

Go Back to forum