- 1.6GHz, 1.8GHz or Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5 processors
- Up to 1GHz processor bus
- Up to 8GB of DDR SDRAM
- Fast Serial ATA hard drives
- AGP 8x Pro Graphics options from NVIDIA or ATI
- Three PCI or PCI-X expansion slots
- Three USB 2.0 ports
- One FireWire 800, two FireWire 400 ports
- Bluetooth and Airport Extreme Ready
- Optical and analog audio in and out
I just drowned in drool.
I\'m assuming this thing has 8 RAM slots since you can stuff it with 8GB. It might be too expensive to fit 8x 1GB chips at present but cheap to fit 8x 512MB chips.
Two bottom of the range G5s loaded with a complete mic set up of QLSO anyone??? It looks like a distinct possibility.
I wonder how long Digi can keep on selling expensive DSP hardware? In the UK I could probably get 4x dual 2GB G5s for the price of a single HD3 system.