• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gigastudio install crash

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio install crash

After upgrading to Gigastudio 160, entering Key code, clicking Finish, get error:
    \"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
    Details: GSTUDIO caused a general protection fault in module GFXDRV.DRV at 0001:000071dl.

I really need help! Any suggestions?

Re: Gigastudio install crash

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gunnar:
    After upgrading to Gigastudio 160, entering Key code, clicking Finish, get error:
    \"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
    Details: GSTUDIO caused a general protection fault in module GFXDRV.DRV at 0001:000071dl.

I really need help! Any suggestions?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, we\'re having problems to. Check on either my entry or the one from Rscott5517. Can\'t roust up anyone\'s ideas or solutions. !

Mine also crashes following install and registration. My system is otherwise very stable and ran Gigasampler and Cakewalk. together. I\'m now using it just for GSTUDIO.

Details:
    GSTUDIO caused a general protection fault
    in module V128IID.DRV at 0002:00008c79.
    Registers:
    EAX=00c48400 CS=0367 EIP=00008c79 EFLGS=00000292
    EBX=00000035 SS=35e7 ESP=0000b148 EBP=0000b19e
    ECX=00000030 DS=0397 ESI=fffffdb4 FS=20e7
    EDX=00000005 ES=20e7 EDI=d017dfd0 GS=3f27
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    f3 67 66 65 a5 8b 4e ec f3 67 65 a4 66 03 76 d2
    Stack dump:
    0000001c 00000000 08dc00f0 00000035 000000d4 00c48400 0e400000 00ad2ec0 0097e18c bff7a0fe fffffcf3 00000003 00000000 00020002 0072038e 0017024a

My System:
    Win98, Echo Gina, 160mb RAM, Cel366@550, Maxtor 7200rpm (gigastudio) Maxtor 5400rpm (boot drive)

Same with my GigaStudio, that came in today. I had it replace my GigaSampler (stupid!) and it fails to read the GigaPiano CD for the registration. On the final page of the registration dialog it crashes with a GPF.

No relation with sound card drivers, as it does this with the default settings (simple sound card) as with manual settings for my Event Darla.

Install without the GigaPiano doesn\'t help.

I sent all possible info to Nemesys, but I am afraid that I will have to revert to GigaSampler, as Nemesys hardly reply to any of my e-mails.

I guess if I will not get support, I will try to revert my credit card transaction as well. I think this is very buggy alpha test software, which should never have been released, given the number of bug and crash reports I just read on this site.

I have also a very regular machine, which is kept quite clean for audio purposes, so no games, etc. I will even try to do a clean reinstall of Win98 OS + Office 2000 (can\'t live without those on this machine unfortunately).

Peter Roos
    Netherlands

I made a \"quasi dual boot\" system using the instructions here: http://www.webdev.net/orca/Dualboot.htm. Now I have one setup that\'s a pristine Win98 install, nothing on it but GSt and Cakewalk; and another setup on the same machine that has games, MS Office, compilers, JVM\'s, network junk, bloated registry, all sorts of stuff. Switching between the two setups means a reboot, but on the whole it works very nicely. On my original (bloated) setup GSt would *never* go above 64 voices; on the clean setup it can (though it still drops voices when there get to be that many...). Anyway you might want to try setting up a \"dual boot\" machine if you have the disk space.

Sorry - URL should be http://www.webdev.net/orca/Dualboot.htm
    (no period).

Solution: Turn down video acceleration.

Turning off video acceleration doesn\'t solve my startup crash problem...

I think I\'ll try the dual boot solution, will save me a lot of time with not having to reinstall Office 2000 / mail etc and configuring everything. Will be still a lot of work to get latest MS Win patches, drivers up-to-date, etc.

I am so disapointed by Nemesys... Why don\'t they have a proper service area on their website? They could even hide it for non-clients, if they fear it\'s bad PR.

Peter Roos
    Netherlands

Most of the problems here sound like configuration problems. try reinstalling.

I also think you should try contacting Nemesys tech support directly. with full details of your config.

Not everyone is having the same problems so this seems to be a configuration issue.

We have not experienced any of these issues on any of our system.

Here are some of the hardware we have on our systems.
    PIII 550
    Maxtor IDE
    Western Digital IDE
    256 megs ram/128megs ram
    sb live
    Gina
    all in wonder pro video card
    matrox G400 dual head display

PaPa Chalk

After struggling with all the passwords, I got to the final step and then got the \"illegal operation\" crash. If we all have \"configuration\" problems, what are they? How can I cahnge my configuration so GigaStudio will load. I can not get the beta patch 2.01 becasue I can not get the download code from the about menu becasue GigaStudio will not run, because I have a configuration probelm.. How have you guys fixed the install??

Go Back to forum