• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 Stereo/Mono Instruments and Stereo/Mono Audio Tracks

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 Stereo/Mono Instruments and Stereo/Mono Audio Tracks

I understand that when bouncing MIDI tracks from ARIA to audio tracks, we should bounce stereo sampled instruments, such as the GPO4 Harp and Section Strings, to stereo audio. I know that otherwise we would be losing some of the detail and other complexities of the stereo field if we realised these to mono tracks.

I'm not so sure about the GPO4 mono samples though. Does it matter if we bounced a GPO4 mono instrument, such as Flute or mono Trumpet sample (I realise that Overlays and Piccolos are stereo) to a stereo audio track?

What are the implications for panning, if any, of a mono sample bounced to a stereo audio?

In a nutshell, should stereo samples be bounced to stereo audio and mono samples bounced to mono audio or is it perfectly OK to bounce everything to a stereo audio and have done with it?

This question was partially prompted by Dan requesting a mono audio of my Flute sample in my previous thread on levels in Sonar. Would a stereo audio track of the flute produce different test results?

Thanks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: GPO4 Stereo/Mono Instruments and Stereo/Mono Audio Tracks

There is no difference in sound quality, but your computer's resources are double for a stereo audio track verses a mono audio track.
    These days it doesn't matter so much with the power of computers compared to only a half dozen years or so.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    There is no difference in sound quality, but your computer's resources are double for a stereo audio track verses a mono audio track.
    These days it doesn't matter so much with the power of computers compared to only a half dozen years or so.

Dan
    That's great, thanks Dan.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

glad to help friend!

Go Back to forum