• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: It's Not Eleanor Rigby, but....

Share/Bookmark

It\'s Not Eleanor Rigby, but....

Someone once asked if there were solo strings that could do an \"Eleanor Rigby\" type of cue, so here\'s a demo.. No, it\'s not actually the Beatle\'s tune, but nevertheless....

www.kirkhunterstudios.com/SingerSQ.mp3

And if you want to hear just the strings without the piano:
    http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/SingerStrings.mp3

Best,
    Kirk Hunter
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com

Re: It\'s Not Eleanor Rigby, but....

Hey Kirk, no it\'s not, but close enough! Thanks...very cool. Those staccatos always sound so fake, and these didn\'t. Very impressive.

Originally posted by tomhartman:
    Hey Kirk, no it\'s not, but close enough! Thanks...very cool. Those staccatos always sound so fake, and these didn\'t. Very impressive.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Oh, that\'s right. It was YOU who asked for the Eleanor Rigby cue.

Originally posted by tomhartman:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Oh, that\'s right. It was YOU who asked for the Eleanor Rigby cue.

That put a very big smile on my face Kirk! Did you have that, just laying around, or did you grind it out last night. I would like to hear where it goes. Better yet, you should probably just go ahead and send me the whole library, so I can, you know... try it out.... What?....
    I\'d give it back...swear [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

christianb

honest to god truth,

at the price its at, if you like the demos buy it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Its one incredibly easy on the wallet lib.

Not only that, but Kirk\'s shipping policy is excellent. My wife bought it for me for my birthday (after hints from your\'s truly), and wanted it shipped quickly. She also wanted to pay by check, so I wouldn\'t see it on the credit card bill. Kirk shipped it at no extra cost with the check in the mail. (I assume/hope the check arrived!)

Anyway, you can\'t beat Kirk\'s customer service!

And I can\'t wait for the update to arrive! I\'m like a kid waiting for the decoder ring to arrive in the mailbox [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I\'ve got agree 200% with Jon. I ordered the lib via email/phone, and he shipped on trust while my check was in the mail. And never arrived. (Did it ever show up, Kirk?) He was patient, where I would have been sending Guido to collect [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] and we set up a Paypal transaction. And the DVDs keep coming!

Great stuff, great price, good guy to do biz with, support your loco developer (oops, that\'s local developer...)

Finally something that shows true potential with your solo strings, Kirk! I love the staccs. I imagine they could be really useful in layering over ensemble samples. They seem much rougher and edgy than any other staccs I\'ve heard.

Kudos.

The sustains on the other hand remind me of the good old miroslav vitous days (suction). It\'s like night and day compared to the staccs in terms of realism.

Thomas

Oh and btw, I think the sustains sounding fake could be a programming / mockuping problem. Did you try and assign Attack to a midi controller and use the hard attack samples instead? Should make it much more realistic. Is that bow change in the end of the track in the sample or is it two different samples? (One for down and one for up bow?) I\'ve always found that it sounds better if the bowchange is actually in the sample, because there\'s a neuance in between the bow change that you don\'t get if you sample them seperately. Did you record the bowchanges in one fluid sustained note and later chopped it up? (the best way to do it in my opinion)

Thomas

Go Back to forum