• Register
  • Help

Topic: Solo Double Bass Demo

Share/Bookmark

Solo Double Bass Demo

Well, it\'s all done finally! Everyone who has the set will automatically get the new .gig files. (They load into Halion and Kontakt too.)

Here are a couple demos:
    1) Double Bass. I used the vibrato samples for the sustains, but the set comes with non vibrato programmed so you can fade in the vibrato as you choose as well. Notice that at the beginning of the demo, during the pizzicato section, you can hear finger noises. This is actually intentional. The finger noises are programmed in. However, you can leave them out as well. I just thought it would be a good idea to add realism this way.

2) The Romantic Violin. This is a different violin than comes with the current set of solo strings. I may or may not include it depending on how well it works with the rest of the set, and if it gets good reviews from my beta people. Basically, it\'s just an afterthought. Below is a quick demo of it at any rate.

Double Bass Verbed:
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com/BassDemo.mp3

Double Bass Dry:
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com/BassDemoDry.mp3

The Romantic Violin with Orchestral Background:
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com/GypsyViolin.mp3

The Romantic Violin without Orchestra Background:
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com/DramaViolin.mp3

Here is the list of Double Bass instruments:
    •0 Keyswitched (Via C5 and up)...
    •1 KhBass K = Sus/Esp/Hrd/HrdVib/Pz/PzUpDamp/PzUp/Spc - Access the following articulations by hitting notes from 5c through G5: No vibrato sustain, vibrato sustain (espressivo), hard attack sustain, vibrato hard attack sustain, pizzicato with long ring, damped pizzicato, pizzicato slide up with long ring, spiccato.
    •2 KhBass K = Sus/Esp/Hrd/HrdVib/Pz/PzUp/Trm/Spc - Access the following articulations by hitting notes from 5c through G5: No vibrato sustain, vibrato sustain (espressivo), hard attack sustain, vibrato hard attack sustain, pizzicato with long ring, pizzicato slide up, tremolo, spiccato.
    •3 KhBass K = Dyn/DynVib/Sus/Esp/Hrd/HrdVib/Pz/Spc - Access the following articulations by hitting notes from 5c through G5: Soft to hard attacks depending on velocity with no vibrato, soft to hard attacks depending on velocity with vibrato, No vibrato sustain, vibrato sustain (espressivo), hard attack sustain, vibrato hard attack sustain, pizzicato with long ring, spiccato.
    •4 KhBass K = Dyn/DynVib/SL/SLVib/Pz/PzUp/Trm/Spc - Access the following articulations by hitting notes from 5c through G5: Soft to hard attacks depending on velocity with no vibrato, soft to hard attacks depending on velocity with vibrato, slide up to a target note with no vibrato, slide up to a target note with vibrato, pizzicato with long ring, Pz slide up with long rign, spiccato.
    •5 KhBass K = Sus/Esp/Hrd/HrdVib/SL/SLVib/Pz/Spc - Access the following articulations by hitting notes from 5c through G5: No vibrato sustain, vibrato sustain (espressivo), hard attack sustain, vibrato hard attack sustain, slide up to a target note with no vibrato, slide up to a target note with vibrato, pizzicato with long ring, spiccato.
    •6 Mod Wheel (To Fade In Vibrato, Trm)...
    •7 KHBass Mw = Sus/Esp/Hrd/HrdVib - Sustained with no vibrato, sustain with vibrato, hard attacks with no vibrato, hard attacks with vibrato all crossfade via the Mod Wheel.
    •8 KhBass Mw = Sus/Esp - Sustained with no vibrato, sustain with vibrato, crossfade via the Mod Wheel.
    •9 KhBass Mw = Hrd/HrdVib - Hard attacks with no vibrato, hard attacks with vibrato crossfade via the Mod Wheel.
    •10 KhBass Mw = Dyn/DynVib - Soft to hard attacks depending on velocity with no vibrato, soft to hard attacks depending on velocity with vibrato crossfade via the Mod Wheel.
    •11 KhBass Mw = Sus/Esp/Trm - Sustained with no vibrato, sustain with vibrato, tremolo crossfade via the Mod Wheel.
    •12 KhBass Mw = Hrd/HrdVib/Trm - Hard attacks with no vibrato, hard attacks with vibrato, tremolo crossfade via the Mod Wheel.
    •13 KhBass Mw = Dyn/DynVib/Trm - Soft to hard attacks depending on velocity with no vibrato, soft to hard attacks depending on velocity with vibrato, tremolo all crossfade via the Mod Wheel.
    •14 KhBass Mw = Dyn/DynVib/SL/SLVib
    •15 Velocity Switched...
    •16 KhBass V = Dyn - Soft to hard attacks depending on velocity with no vibrato
    •17 KhBass V = DynVib - Soft to hard attacks depending on velocity with vibrato
    •18 KhBass V = PzDamp/Pz/PzUpDamp/PzUp - Damped pizzicato, ringing pizzicato, damped pizzicato slides, and ringing pizzicato slides depending on velocity.
    •19 KhBass V = Pz/PzUp - Ringing pizzicato, and ringing pizzicato slides depending on velocity.
    •20 KhBass V = Pz/PzUp (Damped) - Damped pizzicato, and damped pizzicato slides depending on velocity.
    •21 KhBass V = DynVib-SL - Soft to hard attacks depending on velocity with vibrato, with slides at the very hardest velocities.
    •22 With Finger Noises... (Sampled finger sounds on the release trigger to add realism.)
    •23 KhBass Rel = Esp/FingerNoise - Sustained with vibrato.
    •24 KhBass Rel = HrdVib/FingerNoise - Sustained with hard attacks with vibrato.
    •25 KhBass Rel = Pz-PzUp/Fingernoise - Ringing pizzicato with ringing pizzicato slides at the hardest velocities.
    •26 KhBass Rel = Pz-PzUp(Damped)/Fingernoise - Damped pizzicato with damped pizzicato slides at the hardest velocities.
    •27 KhBass Rel = DynVib/Fingernoise - Soft to hard attacks depending on velocity with vibrato.
    •28 Velocity Layers...
    •29 KhBass Sus p-f - Sustained with no vibrato p, mp, mf, mf.
    •30 KhBass Esp p-f - Sustained with vibrato p, mp, mf, mf.
    •31 KhBass Hrd p-f - Sustained with hard attacks p, mp, mf, mf.
    •32 KhBass HrdVib p-f - Sustained with hard attacks with vibrato p, mp, mf, mf.
    •33 KhBass Pizz p-f - Ringing pizzicato p, mp, mf, mf.
    •34 KhBass PizzDamped p-f - Damped pizzicato p, mp, mf, mf.
    •35 KhBass PizzSlideUp p-f - Ringing pizzicato slide up to a target note p, mp, mf, mf.
    •36 KhBass PizzSlUpDamped p-f - Damped pizzicato slide up to a target note p, mp, mf, mf.
    •37 KhBass Spiccato p-f - Spiccato (Played bounced off the string) p, mp, mf, mf.
    •38 KhBass Tremolo p-f - Tremolo p, mp, mf, mf.
    •39 KhBass WoodKnock - Hand hitting body of bass.
    •40 KhBass FingerNoises - Various finger noises and slides.
    •41 KhBass SL p-f - Slide up to a target note p, mp, mf, mf.
    •42 KhBass SLVib p-f Slide up to a target note with vibrato p, mp, mf, mf.

Re: Solo Double Bass Demo

Kirk,

Sorry, but the best , read most convincing, part of the demo were the staccato and the tremolo samples.
    I\'m not sure about the sustained with immediate vibrato. Did you also sample the bass with a delayed vibrato gently swelling? I would like to keyswitch between non-vibrato, delayed vibrato, full immediate vibrato. This is very important for all the instruments of the library to get the emotion right. If I can have my way, I want soft vibrato and strong vibrato.

Just my greedy thoughts,

------------
    Alex Cremers

Re: Solo Double Bass Demo

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    Kirk,

Sorry, but the best , read most convincing, part of the demo were the staccato and the tremolo samples.
    I\'m not sure about the sustained with immediate vibrato. Did you also sample the bass with a delayed vibrato gently swelling? I would like to keyswitch between non-vibrato, delayed vibrato, full immediate vibrato. This is very important for all the instruments of the library to get the emotion right. If I can have my way, I want soft vibrato and strong vibrato.

Just my greedy thoughts,

------------
    Alex Cremers
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, there are non-vibrato samples as well, and you can fade them in via the mod wheel or by keyswitching. I\'ve posted the complete instrument list above.

Kirk Hunter
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com

Go Back to forum