• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigasampler does not launch!

Share/Bookmark

Gigasampler does not launch!

I purchased the LE version (Version 1.5) and shortly afterwards the full upgrade of Gigasampler. My problem is that I cannot launch Gigasampler at all! Upon launch it gets stuck during the hard drive initialisation and the following error occurs: \"GS caused an invalid page fault in module MFC42.dll at 0167:5f403efc.\"
    Gigasampler is the only software package that causes problems on my system. I have a Pentium 2 based system with two UMDA hard drives. I e-mailed Gigasampler to register and have sent many e-mails to the technical department at Nemesys, supplying them with details of my PC and screen shot of the error message, but never received an answer.

Re: Gigasampler does not launch!

The upgrade sometimes puts the wrong version of MFC42.dll in the \\Windows\\System folder. Try this:

Search you HD for all copies of MFC42.dll
    Place the one with the most recent date in \\Windows\\System
    Reboot you system.

Marco,

I am sure that your message will eventually get processed by technical support. We are a little backlogged these days, but we are working hard to get caught up.

In any case, until they get back to you, here is something you can try. I am guessing that the MFC page fault is a bug in the previous release of GigaSampler. I think we have it fixed in v1.61 (downloadable off our web site). However, we will need to get your version up and registered before you install the patch update. So here is what I suggest:

1. disable all but one sound card.
    2. Install/register v1.5 of the GigaSampler.
    3. Upgrade to the v1.61 patch.
    4. reenable all the sound cards.
    5. reboot your machine.

If this still doesn\'t work, then our tech support is going to need you to run the gsdiag utility, and send us the log file (c:\\gsdiag.txt).

Joe (NemeSys)

Marco,

I respectfully suggest you try my approach first. I had the same problem when I upgraded, and this fixed it. It’s just takes a moment. If it doesn’t work, then go the re-installation route

Because LE is removed when you upgrade to the full version, you’ll actually have to go back and install LE, one more step than Joe lists.

Good luck,
    Bill

Go Back to forum