• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Scarbee Rhodes & Finger Bass Demo

New Scarbee Rhodes & Finger Bass Demo

Hello everyone,

Just finished a demo for Scarbee using his great RSP73 and the just released Finder\'n\'Slap bass (amazing Jazz bass)

70\'s Herbie Hancock type...

Check it out: Mango Kid

Long live the 70\'s [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: New Scarbee Rhodes & Finger Bass Demo

Really nice Patrick - honoured to have it on my site!

Great work Patrick. It really moves nicely. Very cool! Hats off to Scarbee for creating such wonderful libraries. Keep on Groovin\'.

Thank you Perry [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

For this demo I tried to emulate what Herbie Hancock was doing in the 60/70\'s (Watermelon Man, Cantaloupe Island...) and of course I added my grain of salt.
    A few people have asked me about the cool rhodes riff fx in the middle of the bridge:
    that\'s the Kontact built-in phaser.

Rhodes and bass tracks were programmed using my guitar midi controller GR33. I usually improvise on three tracks and then edit everything into a composite track with the best of the bunch.

drums are a Stylus loop that I edited.
    pad: Atmosphere
    I play the guitar at the end.

Scarbee was nice enough to take a look at my bass midi track and add a few details to make it even more real. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I am very impressed with both the RSP73 and the Finger\'n\'Slap bass libraries that Scarbee produced. Top notch.
    I already have Trilogy and now with this Fender Jazz bass instrument I am all set [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I have the utmost respect for Thomas Scarbee and his work. His instruments are truly amazing and are instruments that I would not want to have to be without.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio

Go Back to forum