• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Larry Seyers' Upright import in Halion2

Share/Bookmark

Larry Seyers\' Upright import in Halion2

Hi,

I posted this in the Stand-up Jazz Bass thread, but nobody has replied, so I\'ll try posting a separate topic instead. Here goes:

Has anybody tried importing the Larry Seyers Upright into Halion2? If so, how well does this work?

I know that it didn\'t work particularly well in Halion1.

It seems I\'m perpetually shopping for an upright to succeed the very nice Echochamber freeware one mentioned by Tob above...

All the best,

Magnus

Re: Larry Seyers\' Upright import in Halion2

I take it noone has tried importing the LS bass into Halion 2, then...

Magnus

I intend to give this a try when I have a lot of time. I\'ll report back to the forum when I do. I\'m hoping it will be soon.

Hi Ray,

This will really be appreciated. I don\'t have Gigastudio but use Halion for sampling, and feel a bit hesitant to order the Larry Seyers bass until I know that it will come out relatively unscathed in Hal2 format...

BTW, I am really surprised that noone has done a good quality upright in Hal format yet.

I look forward to reading your report on the Hal2 LS import.

All the best,

Magnus

With a lot of work I was able to get pretty good functionality out of Halion 1 with the library. I am fairly optimistic about Hal 2, but expect I\'ll have to do some modifications. If that\'s the case, I\'ll try to document these and post them.

Hi Ray,

Great news. Thanks for taking the time.

It would be wonderful, if, as you say, you document the various modifications and publish them here on the forum.

Many many thanks,

Magnus

Hi Ray,

I\'ve ordered the LS Upright from Time&Space today. Have you had time to try it in Hal2 yet?

All the best,

Magnus

I\'m shooting for this weekend- haven\'t had the time yet.

Hi Ray,

I wish you good luck for the weekend. I\'ll obviously be able to conduct my own experiments soon, but not being a Gigasampler owner I really won\'t know how the LS bass can perform in its native environment, so am very much interested in your findings.

All the best,

Magnus

Hi,

I got the LS bass yesterday, converted the 3 instruments in Hal2 and tried it out today.

It seems everything works as it should, except the mod wheel volume control of the note off body resonance samples, which doesn\'t do anything, all body resonance samples playing at one volume, regardless of mod wheel position.

CC2 and CC4 samples I can trigger using my PhatBoy, so that\'s great. Also, as far as I can tell (not having GigaStudio to compare with), the sustain pedal bits work as well. Key switch does.

It would seem, then, that Hal2 does a fairly good job of importing this giga instrument. However, how do I set the mod wheel volume control of the note off body resonance samples up in Hal2?

All the best,

Magnus

Go Back to forum