• Register
  • Help

Topic: Concert Grand release samples

Share/Bookmark

Concert Grand release samples

Heyall.

I just updated my Maestro Sounds site with release samples for the Concert Grand piano. They are sounds of the keys being let up and dampers coming back at the strings (Clonk, clonk). They are not \"real\" release samples which are impossible to get right, but they do the trick pretty well, adding a subtle thump as the keys are released. They come in four \"velocity\" layers. The art file also contains Rick Chadwick´s improvements to the transitions between f and ff, with a filtered ff layer.

Don´t worry about the download size, you don´t have to download the entire piano again, the release samples can be fetched separately, with their own art file. There are instructions on how to combine the two files.

The page is also updated with a new brush snare replacement kit, containing just that, a mono sampled snare with a bunch of samples... in soundfont format. Check out the news page.

Have fun!

http://exce.ath.cx/~route909

Mats

Re: Concert Grand release samples

Thanks for this work, Matt, I really, really like this piano. And thanks Chadwick for the art file!

Quick question if I may - to be clear, do I need to download the release.zip and then the .art file, or does the art file already contain the new release samples? If they are separate things, does it matter which order I install them in?

Probably a silly question, but I wanted to be sure. Seriously, thanks for this piano, it takes up very little precious memory so I can finally use a piano I like along side my other samples with no sacrifices. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] THANKS [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Okay, so reading instructions is difficult for me sometimes I suppose... Just re-read the instructions on how to do this and it made sense. So, all of this simply to say thanks!

Filter? What was wrong that had to be fixed? Will the original be altered? I\'m happy the ways things are. Did anyone else tried this?

------------
    Alex Cremers

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    Filter? What was wrong that had to be fixed? Will the original be altered? I\'m happy the ways things are. Did anyone else tried this?

------------
    Alex Cremers
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey, fix for some. The original patch is there as well. The first version of the piano was also my first beta version of it... I usually work till I don´t feel the need to do more on my stuff, then I leave it to the public to judge. So it´s always good when someone else can come up with ideas for me to incorporate. This time, in the form of finished art files [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mats

Mats, now that I got your attention, I changed the attenuation with 1.95 Db for D#5 ff (sample 075). It kinda jumped out a bit. What do you think?
    Thanks for updating your Maestro Grand.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    Mats, now that I got your attention, I changed the attenuation with 1.95 Db for D#5 ff (sample 075). It kinda jumped out a bit. What do you think?
    Thanks for updating your Maestro Grand.

------------
    Alex Cremers
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">\'ts cool. I usually do not change the volume (maximize) my samples individually, I change the volume globally for the whole layer of samples. The higher registers are initially louder (attack) than the lowest notes, so maximization of them individually would put off the balance. So some notes are louder than others. It adds a little to the \"feeling\" of the piano.

But you´re right, that particular note does stick out a little. I urge you guys to change whatever you feel needs to be changed, just like you´d voice a piano of your own, or change strings on an old guitar, or lower the string height on your favourite electric bass, to make it more playable.

Mats

Route,

whose doing the vocal On \"One For My Baby\"?

Alan Russell

Originally posted by Alan Russell:
    Route,

whose doing the vocal On \"One For My Baby\"?

Alan Russell
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I am.

Mats

Go Back to forum