• Register
  • Help

Topic: Second Book Trailer

Share/Bookmark

Second Book Trailer

Just thought you guys would like to see the trailer I created for my second book:

The Legacy of Pnomos

Music was composed by myself using the Garritan Library and Finale as the DAW (It's not really a DAW, but I digress...)

The book is going through the editing process but soon will be available in paperback or ebook format.

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Second Book Trailer

Hey Bill,

Wow ... this was just tremendous! Great music. I really enjoyed it.

As I watched the video, I felt like I was right back in a dark RKO theater in the late 50's with my mom and brother watching the trailers (in those days, there was actually music and not just seat-shaking rumbles accompanying the trailers .)

This is so timely, right on the heels of losing Mr. Bradbury ... glad there are others out there to help stetch the imagination. You're quite special to be able to do that with both words and music.

When I returned to this site after a long hiatus, I looked-up anything you did in the past few months and enjoyed them (Chaos Dreams, ...), but didn't want to bump them three pages in case you were posting new stuff ... but I did enjoy them all!

Your use of Finale as a creation tool is way up there; I would have thought this was from a DAW ... nice recording.

Best of luck with your new book; thanks for sharing this impressive trailer.

Regards,

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    When I returned to this site after a long hiatus, I looked-up anything you did in the past few months and enjoyed them (Chaos Dreams, ...)

Thanks Frank - actually, the music for this trailer is a re-work of Chaos Dreams which will be played by the Lorain Civic Orchestra next year.

Your use of Finale as a creation tool is way up there; I would have thought this was from a DAW ... nice recording.

I found a few tricks from another post here that helps with using Finale and keeping it sounding live.

Best of luck with your new book; thanks for sharing this impressive trailer.
    Thanks, I am hoping to get it published soon. That's the hard part, the writing of the book and the music is easy.

Best regards,
    Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Great music - really works with the images, and sets the tone for the book. Also good to see Finale being used to produce great renderings as I know from personal experience that it can.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Thanks Plowking, I think you wrote the post that helped me figure out Finale, Thanks for the hints.

Best regards,
    Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum