• Register
  • Help

Topic: Demo

I just finished this little piece of music for my upcoming short movie called \"No Way\".

I thought you might have any suggestions... feel free to criticize!!!

Re: Demo

Your writing sounds very movie-competent. The libraries sound nice.

The syncopated percussion part (played with brushes?) was kind of a nice surprise in that it was unpredictable. But the big brass and timpani dwarf it and kind of make it sound out of place, too. (Maybe that part should be played by snares.) But, then again, it seems to fit into place more towards the end when the brass exit and the clarinet comes in.

Nice work. Keep going, man!!!
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hey Mirai,
    Very nice indeed, but I think I am in agreement with Marty. Until the music softened I couldn\'t quite tell what those clacks were. I was thinking, wood block? I was surprised to hear them turn out to be some sort of... conga. My first thought, instead of Martys snare suggestion, was maybe marimba or glock. Otherwise terrific sounding comp.

I agree with above, and I might add that the ambience of the perc sounded out of place somehow in the mix.

Otherwise a nice tune for a movie (about a child?) =)

Hey Mirai, I like the luxurious presentation with the picture and all. It loads fast too.

Alex Cremers

No one realised, the drum was a dumbek (derbuka, darabuka) ? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I heard it right from the beginning and it´s ok for me. AND it´s a g-town-dumbek, right ? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

hey,it was a dumbek!? That was my first chice but then I thought \"a dumbek in an orchestra...nah.\"

Thank you all for your nice comments...

Well Marty, be open for something new [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Btw, you are right! It is the one from G-Town. I forgot to mention it on my website... I\'ll fix it [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum