• Register
  • Help

Topic: Workaround for Gigastudio/Logic ALSO works with PowerTracks Pro Audio Sequencer

Share/Bookmark

Workaround for Gigastudio/Logic ALSO works with PowerTracks Pro Audio Sequencer

Greetings,

Charl (a.k.a \"CC\") gave a solution for the midi problem with GigaStudio and the Logic sequencer. Basically the same thing should be done here with much simplification.

1. Download and install Hubi\'s loopback driver from :http://www.xgfactory.com/downloads/mdlpbk25.zip as Charl indicated.

2. Follow through the readme instructions.
    3. No need to modify win.ini file if you have PowerTracks Pro Audio 6.0c.

4. Inside of GigaStudio\'s settings, choose LB1, LB2, LB3, and LB4 as your midi in ports

5. Within the PowerTracks Pro Audio (PTPA), Select your normal external H/W midi interfaces as usual. For example, I have a Midiman Portman 4X4/S parallel port midi interface. My yamaha PSR is in on IN/OUT 2, and my drum machine is on IN/OUT 1. These I select as the input drivers for PTPA\'s Midi Driver Setup. For PTPA\'s Output Drivers, DO NOT select the nemesys midi out ports. Select LB1,LB2,LB3,LB4, and your H/W midi I/F outputs only.

Everything works dandy from here. At least until I find another bug. THANKS A MILLION, CC!!!!! He\'s DA MAN.

Oh by the way, I was still able to leave all of my Soundblaster midi devices connected with no contention or problems.

John

[This message has been edited by jb3 (edited 06-14-2000).]

Re: Workaround for Gigastudio/Logic ALSO works with PowerTracks Pro Audio Sequencer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jb3:
    4. Inside of GigaStudio\'s settings, choose LB1, LB2, LB3, and LB4 as your midi in ports
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don\'t think that step should be necessary, since Gigast doesn\'t listen on its input ports while the sequencer is running in any case. (the GigaSt midi loop thingum). You should be able to leave those settings as they were previously.

Hehe, well, at least that is what I *think* - since I don\'t know powertracks, I\'m basically flying blind here.

// Charl

Go Back to forum