• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another Bardstownaudio.com Experience

Share/Bookmark

Another Bardstownaudio.com Experience

Hi all,

This is a 10.5 meg - 160 BPS MP3 (DSL or Cable Advised)

Please Click The First Song On The List...

http://www.alanrussellmusic.com/song_descriptions.htm

Here\'s a very sweet Bossa-Nova called \"Meditation\".

This score features Bardstownaudio.com
    Archtop (Gibson 1948) Guitar (thumb) and
    The Borsendorfer Imperial Grand Piano.

I tried to create a Paul Desmond articulation for the
    Alto Sax (vib). (Motif 8 internal sound) - A Bit Synthy

Dan Dean\'s Acoustic Bass (pz) covers the heart beat groove for the arrangement along with 3 tracks of Dr. Jazz Kit drums. (Motif 8 internal drum kit.

**The Gibson - 1948) Archtop Guitar** is one of the most beautiful guitars for this genre IMHO. This Guitar is in Giga Format and is sold exclusively By Kip McGinnis at Bardstownaudio.com It is the kind of guitar that grows on you the more you play it. If you are using Gigastudio, Halion or equiv.along with your Motif internals, this is a must guitar to own in your sound arsenal IMHO.

Your thoughts are always appreciated.

\"Meditation\"
    (Performed & Arranged By Alan Russell)

Re: Another Bardstownaudio.com Experience

Alan,

This is one of the best pieces you have posted yet. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

-- Martin

Martin,

thanks for your kind words. I\'m hoping that as time goes on, we can all have and utilize natural acoustic samples in all of our scores. As far as the Archtop 1948 Gibson Gutiar goes, this sample has reached its obejective IMHO. We all can thank Kip Mcginnis for delivering a great sampled acoustic guitar among his other treasure, the Borsendorfer Imperial Grand Piano.

Alan Russell

This sounds great. The playing was very good and the samples were great. Though, as you said, the sax sounds a bit synthy, but your articulations and playing was convincing. Thanks for sharing it.

Originally posted by BluesWest:
    I hate to rain on your parade, but the guitar sounds as obviously sampled as any other sampled guitar I have heard. The sampled quality is particularly evident in the phrases utilizing slided notes, but is also generally apparent in the overall \"harpsichord-like\" quality of the instrument.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I very much disagree with this statement. I have played with some of the best jazz guitarist in the US, and to my ears this sampled guitar sounds dead on perfect! It simply doesn\'t get any better than this!

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Thank you Sharmy for posting your beautiful demo featuring the Bardstown Jazz Guitars!

In addition to the acoustic archtop jazz guitars in the \"Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos\" collection that is featured in both of these demos posted by Alan and Sharmy, there are also sampled electric archtop jazz guitars in this collection as well.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Sharmy,

may I second what Kip has offered here. I know you (Craig) as an excellent guitarist and I value your opinion highly. You came to be because of the sifting thru Bardstownausio\'s MP3 user demos which captivated me and your playing & arranging abiltites. You are a mentor!

Beyond all of the musicians utilizing the most recent samples and most critical of their sounds, it still comes down to how the novice hears the entire score without a disection of each and every instrument. The sum of the parts equal the whole and IMHO the Whole is the Art Form (The Product) that is either felt or abandoned by the listener. So far, \"Meditation\" has received some nice comments with how natural the Archtop 1948 Gibson Guitar truly sounds in this genre.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and if there are more, let it roll either way..

Alan Russell

I hate to rain on your parade, but the guitar sounds as obviously sampled as any other sampled guitar I have heard. The sampled quality is particularly evident in the phrases utilizing slided notes, but is also generally apparent in the overall \"harpsichord-like\" quality of the instrument.

Go Back to forum