• Register
  • Help

Topic: What piano can give me this sound?

Share/Bookmark

What piano can give me this sound?

Clip #1

Clip #2

Thanks!

Re: What piano can give me this sound?

Our Steinway Upright from the Upright Piano COllection might fit the bill ,you listened to the demos Kid ?

Franky
    VIntaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

New Radiohead?I havent heard this yet..there my favorite band...There even better live...Rich [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hi Kidsurf,

This link has been around while, so sorry if I\'m giving old news.

Here are very good comparisons of most pianos using same tune, same recording process.
    http://www.purgatorycreek.com/pianocompare.html

Originally posted by kid-surf:
    Clip #1

Clip #2

Thanks!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The Rain Piano!

Thanks for all the suggestions!

RE: Radiohead... Let it grow on you! It\'s a kick-azz record. Gust give it some time. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

P.S. Hi Joanne [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I second (or third?) the vote for Rain Piano. It\'s a great instrument, especially for songs with \"character\" like those clips... That makes me want to rush out and get the album right now - very cool changes.

The Rain Piano\'s been my favorite ever since it arrived. It\'s not right for everything, of course. But it works really well with the kind of stuff I like... Very playable too. I\'d say spend the extra $20 or whatever for the \"Bundle\", so if you don\'t want the detuned upright thing, you\'ve got a good clean, standard \"studio\" piano as well.

cheers,

Timby

Originally posted by timby:
    I second (or third?) the vote for Rain Piano. It\'s a great instrument, especially for songs with \"character\" like those clips... That makes me want to rush out and get the album right now - very cool changes.

The Rain Piano\'s been my favorite ever since it arrived. It\'s not right for everything, of course. But it works really well with the kind of stuff I like... Very playable too. I\'d say spend the extra $20 or whatever for the \"Bundle\", so if you don\'t want the detuned upright thing, you\'ve got a good clean, standard \"studio\" piano as well.

cheers,

Timby
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for your kind words Timby!
    As you say, the Rain Piano isn\'t the ultimate choice for all purposes, but when you need that special edge that doesn\'t sound like everything else or need to put a unique sound into your songs, there\'s nothing really like it.

Go Back to forum