• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gabrieli and the Swans

Share/Bookmark

Gabrieli and the Swans

Greetings!
    I am very busy with projects now, music and animations - here is my latest, "Gabrieli and the Swans". The music is my production of Giovanni Gabrieli's Sonata 4. I used Garritan Personal Orchestra v4 for everything except the Irina Brochin soprano sample and the VSL 16 voice soprano choir. I created the animation using iClone 5 PRO.

Take care!
    sd cisco

Re: Gabrieli and the Swans

Exciting stuff, Sd!

It's a very effective rendition of the music by Gabrieli, aided very nicely by the ubiquitous Papelmedia soprano and the VSL choir. - Reminds me, a long time ago I downloaded a free sampling from Papelmedia, but haven't bought the Brochin set.

And, as we've come to expect from you now, the animated visuals are such fun to watch.

Wonderful stuff! - Is there a particular goal you have in mind with these pieces, Sd, or are they in the category of you doing something purely for your own pleasure? --well and for OUr pleasure too!

Thanks, Sd.

Randy

Sd! Very cool! Combining Gabrieli music with animation is a great idea. It works very well with the music. I enjoyed this very much. Thanks for making it available. Jay

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Exciting stuff, Sd!

It's a very effective rendition of the music by Gabrieli, aided very nicely by the ubiquitous Papelmedia soprano and the VSL choir. - Reminds me, a long time ago I downloaded a free sampling from Papelmedia, but haven't bought the Brochin set.

And, as we've come to expect from you now, the animated visuals are such fun to watch.

Wonderful stuff! - Is there a particular goal you have in mind with these pieces, Sd, or are they in the category of you doing something purely for your own pleasure? --well and for OUr pleasure too!

Thanks, Sd.

Randy
    Hi Randy and Thank you very much!
    These animations are not connected to one another, and could be said to exist merely as "things in themselves".
    There is a larger animation in the works, it will be near 1 hour long and is my animated version of H.G. Wells, " The Time Machine".
    This is a big story to tell with images and there are plenty of challenges in the project. I think it is fair to say it is 3/4 done in terms of the scenes, with music as required, (a lot!!). But it will still need to be put together and then either uploaded whole, or, more likely, in parts. I have been working on it since the first of the year, but I can't just work on it steady, looking for instant gratification is my excuse, so, I lay it down for a while, then when my perspective is clear, I re-engage with the project. Sooner or later, I will finish it, but in the meantime, comes a stream of shorter 2-6 minute films. Still, there is a utility to them, in that I am able to try experiments, and for sure, it's all just one big experiment anyway, right?
    Thanks for watching and commenting!

sd cisco

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    Sd! Very cool! Combining Gabrieli music with animation is a great idea. It works very well with the music. I enjoyed this very much. Thanks for making it available. Jay
    Hi Jay and thanks for watching and commenting!!

I am glad you liked it and it worked OK for you! Giovanni Gabrieli was a very important composer of the Renaissance in Italy, and his influence was far reaching. I have read that he was greatly admired by Igor Stravinsky.
    I worked a long time getting this piece to function properly, in terms of the leading voices, which I have given to the vocalists (in part). If you compare this to the usual versions with 18 trombones or similar, you will realize that they don't understand how it's supposed to go, if you want those voices to claim the power which is rightfully theirs, then you must, "give them the puck", as we say here in Canada!!

Thank you!
    sd cisco

Hi SD ... your annimation + music productions are just TOO COOL!!!

This was really great stuff; I was simply lost in the film. I had the Youtube filling my monitor and the music turned up and was so impressed by your creation. I wasn't all that familiar with iClone (I thought it was something along the lines of Premier) and as I was watching I was so blown away by the modeling that I Googled iClone to learn it is annimation and compositing s/w. Did you create all these models or are these PD models contributed from the iClone community?

Sadly, I was so blown away by the entire presentation, that I can only say the music was dramatic and ethereal and was so perfect with the visuals (loved the trumpeters on the swans in the first entrance!) ... I really didn't listen to it as a separate entity. BTW, the soprano voice really worked well in this film.

Very nice SD! I must learn more of iClone.

Frank

Can't wait for your "The Time Machine"!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hi SD ... your annimation + music productions are just TOO COOL!!!

This was really great stuff; I was simply lost in the film. I had the Youtube filling my monitor and the music turned up and was so impressed by your creation. I wasn't all that familiar with iClone (I thought it was something along the lines of Premier) and as I was watching I was so blown away by the modeling that I Googled iClone to learn it is annimation and compositing s/w. Did you create all these models or are these PD models contributed from the iClone community?

Sadly, I was so blown away by the entire presentation, that I can only say the music was dramatic and ethereal and was so perfect with the visuals (loved the trumpeters on the swans in the first entrance!) ... I really didn't listen to it as a separate entity. BTW, the soprano voice really worked well in this film.

Very nice SD! I must learn more of iClone.

Frank

Can't wait for your "The Time Machine"!

Thank you Frank!!!

iClone 5 PRO is pretty handy s/w to use for animations, but they only give you so much with the off the shelf version, in terms of models, motions, the works. Two ways to have more are to purchase certain things from them, along with a separate Reallusion utility called 3D Exchange, (which costs as much as the original iClone app.) It allows you to convert a wide range of 3D objects into the proprietary iClone format, for use in iClone. A great source of free models is Google 3D Warehouse, where people have uploaded things they create in Google Sketch-up. All kinds of marvelous things are available; castles, cathederals, canoes, planes, cars, practically you name it, some one has made it!
    I'd say I've spent at least $700 - $800 so far on s/w from Reallusion. In terms of my role in making these animations, it's more like producer, director, writer, composer, set dresser, lighting, camera, etc. Not car maker, carpenter, etc.
    I believe it is a romantic notion a single individual could build and rig complex models like people or animals, that is a specialty in itself. It would take so much time to construct everything from scratch, you'd be years making one 3 minute film!
    So, the other thing is, I have a basis for comparison as this my third venture into 3D animation over a period of 12 years. Because of this, I can work quicker than a beginner might be able to manage, so I can produce animations in a timely manner, and then carry on to the next one and it stays interesting that way.
    Thanks for watching and for your wonderful comments, I DO appreciate it!!!
    Take care, Frank!

sd cisco

Hi again, SD ...

Thanks so much for all the iClone info; I worked for several years with an animator (even did a little score for one of his proprietary films (IOW, I can't post it!) and I was always amazed at the world animators can create (I stopped working with him right about the time Blender was becoming the next big thing (and if I recollect, it was open-source, PD shareware!).

Your years of experience and hard work are really paying off SD; this is leading to something special I'm sure.

Once again, I appreciate the detailed account (I learned a lot) and keep up the wonderful multi-media work.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hi again, SD ...

Thanks so much for all the iClone info; I worked for several years with an animator (even did a little score for one of his proprietary films (IOW, I can't post it!) and I was always amazed at the world animators can create (I stopped working with him right about the time Blender was becoming the next big thing (and if I recollect, it was open-source, PD shareware!).

Your years of experience and hard work are really paying off SD; this is leading to something special I'm sure.

Once again, I appreciate the detailed account (I learned a lot) and keep up the wonderful multi-media work.

Frank
    Thank you very much, Frank! Interesting you mention Blender. in the right hands it can be amazing!
    The only real downside to computer music, movies and animation is I can end up spending all my time on my butt, in front of the computer!! how good can that be?

All the Best!
    sd cisco

Quote Originally Posted by sd cisco View Post
    I am very busy with projects now, music and animations - here is my latest, "Gabrieli and the Swans".
    Oh, great. Now I'm inspired to try my hand at animation but I don't have time for that. Beautiful work!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast