• Register
  • Help

Topic: Septet "Reflections In A Sunlight Day", Op. 1

Share/Bookmark

Septet "Reflections In A Sunlight Day", Op. 1

Hi all.
    Last february power Notion user and musical fellow Jos Wylin shared on the web its amazing Septet "Reflections In A Moonlight Night".
    I issued a friendly challenge with him planning a "Reflections In A Sunlight Day" septet sharing the same instrumentation (flute, bassoon, 2 violins, viola, cello and double bass), this one I offer to your listening and comments at

https://www.box.com/s/f7a5e64f1c8a83d39ea8

It is obviously dedicated to Jos, quoting a favourite poet of both of us, Robert Frost, who once wrote:

Maybe not a great clarification, but a momentary stay against confusion.

Instruments are GPO4 soloists, except for double bass which is from Notion3 library.
    All are processed through IK's CSR customized dark piano hall reverb (1 bus + 1 master) and Audio Damage Rough Rider compressor.

I hope you will enjoy it.

Thank you for for your patience
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Re: Septet "Reflections In A Sunlight Day", Op. 1

What an interesting genesis for this project - And now you have this very lovely piece, so aptly titled. From gentleness, to un-cliched playfulness, I really enjoy the span of moods this piece goes through without losing track of its center.

Wonderful stuff, thanks for posting it, Fabio.

Randy

Hi again, Fabio ...

I REALLY liked what you wrote here ... simply beautiful! You seem to be very much in touch with this string quartet + 2 reeds + bass ensemble. The whole seems much greater than the sum of the seven parts; I think the addition of the flute and bassoon really makes this orchestration special.

Your composition is so whimsical and playful; I can't help but to be in a better mood whenever I listen to "Reflections ...".

The ambiance is stellar; perfect for your ensemble ... it all works so well together for you here: the composition, the orchestration, the mix. This is one of my favorite pieces that I've listened to by you Fabio ... Bravo!!

Frank

(I can only hope for "Reflections In A Snowfall" or "Reflections In A Slightly Cool Evening", etc. ... .)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    I can only hope for "Reflections In A Snowfall" or "Reflections In A Slightly Cool Evening" ...
    You're playing with fire here, Frank: snowfalls and cool evenings are the favourite moods of mine!
    Believe it or not, writing about a "sunlight day" was hard to figure out being me an hat-and-coat guy (in the sense of wearing) twelve months a year.
    Thank you for you encouraging words.
    Relax, I will not bother you with other music for a while on now...
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Go Back to forum