• Register
  • Help

Topic: Jason Mraz - Orchestral Mix (with G Steinway)

Share/Bookmark

Jason Mraz - Orchestral Mix (with G Steinway)

Hi all,

Voting has begun in Indaba for the Jason Mraz remix contest. I did a remix of the given song 'I Won't Give Up' using Garritan piano and orchestral libs.

Would appreciate any votes you want to throw my way. You simply go to the link here, and click 'Vote'. You have to connect through facebook. This is just a one time thing (thankfully). One vote does for the rest of the comp.

Obviously you can also listen to my version.

http://www.indabamusic.com/opportuni...issions/106541

I dislike these 'voting' contests, but the winner is actually decided by Jason Mraz, and voting determines 2 runners up chosen from the top 10.

If nothing else, being in the top 10 would be nice. Though I'm sure there are some 'professional' marketing guys there farming for votes. If I don't do a little, I'll end up last

Anyway, thanks all

Graham
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Re: Jason Mraz - Orchestral Mix (with G Steinway)

Voted! Now that's one big ol', grand and kind of old fashioned anthem. Your additions were the best part of the track - I mean, better than anything that already existed - imho.

Best of luck, Graham!

Randy

Re: Jason Mraz - Orchestral Mix (with G Steinway)

Cheers, Randy. :-)

Yes I'm certainly happy with it and quite a few have said they prefer it over the original. It was an interesting exercise - there are quite a few remix contents on the site, but I'm not really into that kind of thing but I loved the song and figured it would work as an orchestra arrangement. I've no interest in doing the usual electronic style of mix.

They also have weekly competitions for various styles and ideas of which up to 10 winners get entered into the license catalogue. Great site overall for people who want to put their music to work.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Go Back to forum