• Register
  • Help

Topic: got my VSL perf.!!

Share/Bookmark

got my VSL perf.!!

Just got my VSL performance set today, and after first 3 hours of messing around, I am blown away like everybody else.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Legato patches are a nececity for anyone who can afford the lib....there is nothing out there that can come ewen close to this..

And repetitions and figures on brass are pure Davis heaven!!!!!

matrix subway fight...here I come... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

damn this sounds good...hope I\'ll like it this much tommorow as well...lol

AlEx

Re: got my VSL perf.!!

Originally posted by lex:
    Just got my VSL performance set today, and after first 3 hours of messing around, I am blown away like everybody else.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Legato patches are a nececity for anyone who can afford the lib....there is nothing out there that can come ewen close to this..

And repetitions and figures on brass are pure Davis heaven!!!!!

matrix subway fight...here I come... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

damn this sounds good...hope I\'ll like it this much tommorow as well...lol

AlEx
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">One day I will finally make the plunge. What I\'ve heard does sound excellent.

By the way, if you like Don Davis, you\'d really like the stuff he was influenced by, specifically these pieces I hear in his Matrix music:

Witold Lutoslawski\'s 3rd and 4th Symphony (there\'s a great Sony recording with the LA Phil and Essa-Pekka Salonen conducting.)

John Adams\' Harmonielehre (the Simon Rattle recording is excellent).

All best,
    John

LEX,

How about the Legato Tool? Is it just a matter of installing it, loading up a patch(instrument)and start playing? Or was it a bit more puzzling?

------------
    Alex Cremers

It is exactly like that, it is hard to imagine untill you try it hands on. You load and you write and it sounds great, no more programing pitch dips, no more trying to solve string sucking betwen notes..these are the strings I allways wanted..
    Combined with my other sample libs. this will rule..

And it\'s not only that, the recordings are beautifull..I seriously don\'t understand people who are complaining about the sound character..
    They are not dry they are just clean, they have very detailed close ambiance which , well, captures the ambiance of the instrument, and then takes the impuls reverb very well..you can really get a great sound very easy..

I waited a while untill I took the plunge, waiting for the QLSO before I decide, then after some topics here, decided that if I have to choose betwen the two, VSL perf. is definetly something that I need more. Whish I took it earlier...

If you have the money and nice set of other libs. as well, don\'t think about it, go and order it..

Once again thanks to Thomas, Maarten and csduke, for great demos...oh and Simon, his danny elfmanish track rules... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Now I have to spend some time with repetition tool and runs..heheh

AlEx

John,

Thanks for recomendations Ill check it out, my friend was recomending me Lutoslawski, but he never said it is in that style....I\'m so happily ignorant when it comes to orchestral non-film music...lol!

Alex

Well, I give it a few more weeks now that QLSO is nearing. It\'s gonna be \"Legato Tool\" versus \"Never Use Reverb Again\". I have not decided yet. Demos and first customer response will be crucial for me.

------------
    Alex Cremers

But I actually know the answer already. Some or most VSL owners will buy QLSO because you just got to have them both. You cannot ever have enough samples. So I guess I\'ll never know.

------------
    Alex Cremers

I don\'t know...I don\'t think you will HAVE to have them both, especialy if you have stuff like SAM, DDBE, GOS and LOP lying around......we\'ll have to wait and HEAR...

And I don\'t see that using verb or eq is a big issue, you have to do mastering anyways..

But I\'m still realy curious to hear the first QLSO demos...so much talk and hype, these guys are really cool cats, considering under how much preassure they are right now..

Alex

Go Back to forum