• Register
  • Help

Topic: More Brass N Strings Demo

Share/Bookmark

More Brass N Strings Demo

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/IntoThinAirM.mp3

Had a couple hours of free time, so I thought I\'d see about making another demo. Also, I\'m just playin with the NFX module on GigaStudio on this one.

Kirk
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com

Re: More Brass N Strings Demo

Hi Kirk, very nice!

this is your V.Strings playing, right? I like the sound of the strings, they have great character.

Btw. Any news about V.Strings 2? Is the next version in development?

Cool demo.. and VERY nice percussion!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Is this your \'old\' Strings or are they new? Sounds great anyhow. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

/Tobias

Originally posted by David Govett:
    I\'m still partial to some of the other libraries I\'ve been using or working on but I can\'t say enough about how cool that composition is. I hope to hear more in the future.
    Thanks
    Dave
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the \"composition\" remark, Dave. (BTW, I\'ve been meaning to call you about some programming issues for awhile now.) :-D Anyway, you\'re saying that you are comparing a library you\'ve never worked with to those you HAVE? I\'ve heard some GREAT libraries sound \"iffy\" on some demos, ergo, I never judge a lib until I get to actually \"play\" it \"A/B\" and \"hands on\". But hey, opinions are always good to hear, no matter what. Rock on.

Originally posted by falcon1:
    Hi Kirk, very nice!
    this is your V.Strings playing, right? I like the sound of the strings, they have great character.
    Btw. Any news about V.Strings 2? Is the next version in development?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yup, it\'s the good ol\' NON-MEMORY-HUNGRY VS Strings. <hint hint> The next version WAS in development, but is stalled for now while I re-evaluate what\'s needed in yet ANOTHER string lib. Plus, I\'m getting composing gigs, and may LOVE leaving the sample biz anyway. MOOOOAH

Originally posted by tob:
    Cool demo.. and VERY nice percussion!!!
    Is this your \'old\' Strings or are they new? Sounds great anyhow.
    /Tobias
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yup, the percussion is truly awesome. I do, however, have a question while I\'m at it. LOVE the percussion you so nicely give us. However, I notice that when I repeat a note, especially the snares, the verb really phases. It\'s obvious why this happens, but I was wondering if you had a way of addressing this that I had not found.

Best Regards,
    Kirk Hunter
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com

Look forward to hearing from you and will be glad to answer questions for you.
    I have checked out the original strings in Akai and Giga before and they were fine. I\'m just spoiled by the \"all in one hall\" concept of QLSO and the insane articulations, legato and runs from VSL in general. So, for now, I\'m kind of partial to those two collections at the exclusion of a bunch of other very good libraries. They simplify my composing life.
    Keep up the good work. If you can get back into composing, go for it. Your library development is fine but the composing is much for fun. (and good)
    Talk to you soon
    Dave

Originally posted by David Govett:
    Look forward to hearing from you and will be glad to answer questions for you.
    I have checked out the original strings in Akai and Giga before and they were fine. I\'m just spoiled by the \"all in one hall\" concept of QLSO and the insane articulations, legato and runs from VSL in general. So, for now, I\'m kind of partial to those two collections at the exclusion of a bunch of other very good libraries. They simplify my composing life.
    Keep up the good work. If you can get back into composing, go for it. Your library development is fine but the composing is much for fun. (and good)
    Talk to you soon
    Dave
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Oops, my bad. : ) I thought you were talkin\' about brass libs. hehehe. Yeah, when I did the VS Strings, that was WAY before the luxury of today\'s technology making it easier for the developer to both take advantage of the newer bigger samplers, and the easy development software designed to create and edit sample so much easier.

Thanks Dave!

Kirk

I\'m still partial to some of the other libraries I\'ve been using or working on but I can\'t say enough about how cool that composition is. I hope to hear more in the future.
    Thanks
    Dave

Go Back to forum