• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Scarbee J-Slap'n Fingered dmoes..

Re: Scarbee J-Slap\'n Fingered dmoes..

what do you mean \"All bass tracks (MIDI)\"??

Hi Ed,

The bass tracks from the demosongs - midi files comes with the library and the users can use anything they like from the demoes - chops etc.

I have received Scarbee\'s bass library two days ago and I must say this is the most extensive electric bass library I have seen so far.
    You can chose which string to play on, which right hand finger to use (1st or 2nd) and the amount of articulations available is outstanding.
    It might take a little while to get to know this instrument but the results are worth it.
    Plus it is a fender jazz bass, my favorite [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Great job!

Scarbee, what a great concept! Including the midi files lets us peek behind the curtain, and see how Mr. Wizard made those amazing sounds.

Thanks so much.

These are so realistic!
    I’m a bass player myself and I find these to be the best I’ve heard.
    Scarbee, you are a bass player right? Whether these are samples or not, the bass parts totally blow!
    Do you have any recording of your own playing? Not sampled.

Hi MastersMusic:

Thanks, man! Yeah, I\'m a bassist, but I haven\'t played for \"real\" for many years. When I did the bass libraries it was because I wanted to be able to \"play\" bass again. I suffer from \"Carpal Tunnel Syndrome\" - you know wrist problems. This ruined first my guitar and later my bass career.

But I still have my ears...

Anyway I can play a little to rehearse the bass lines. I always play the demoes first on the bass (not recording) and then transfer this to midi with the right playing position, etc.

More and more bass players uses my basses - because they think it is fun. Even Al Turner (Earl Klugh, Aretha Franklin) is trying out the basses now - he loves to program drums and is eager to try the basses out too.

It is fun to do as a player as you suddenly can do anything you dream of without having to rehearse for weeks (hehe)

Also - on a keyboard you tend to think different when making bass lines and it can be inspiring.
    You know when a keyboard player in a fusion/funk band comes up with a bassline? Auch - sometimes it can be a pain to play. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I’m sorry to here that you suffer from CTS. I’m sure that it is something you have to mentally deal with too. Well, you have done the next best thing by creating a library like this. And, like you said, you still have your ears. Hearing the demos puts me into a bind here. I either want the samples or the just purchase the Celinder J. What a great tone that bass has!

You are absolutely the bass master. Your demos are so cool it\'s unbelievable.

-- Martin

I also have both of Scarbee\'s bass libaries, slap and fingered. When you combine these two liberaries together you can do practically anything, and it sounds frightingly real too! :-) These samples are definately a \"don\'t-miss\". Thomas is a great guy to deal with also!

Go Back to forum