• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vibrato doesn't work

Share/Bookmark

Vibrato doesn't work

I'm working with GPO4 and Reaper 4 but I can't seem to get the vibrato on Flute Solo KS working.

VibSpd (CC#17) does absolutely nothing.

I also tried applying some of that aftertouch on the midi track after I recorded it. That, also, did absolutely nothing.

I could post you a picture but for some reason (unnecessary paranoia maybe?) I can't post any links to this forum.

Re: Vibrato doesn't work

As far as I can tell, the flute solo KS's vibrato is baked into the samples, so it can't be controlled in any way unfortunately... even though there is a VibSpd knob in the controls (is that there by mistake?)
    -- Matt Wong

Quote Originally Posted by Ianuarius View Post
    I'm working with GPO4 and Reaper 4 but I can't seem to get the vibrato on Flute Solo KS working.

VibSpd (CC#17) does absolutely nothing.

I also tried applying some of that aftertouch on the midi track after I recorded it. That, also, did absolutely nothing.

I could post you a picture but for some reason (unnecessary paranoia maybe?) I can't post any links to this forum.
    Hi, Ianuarius - Silh has given you an accurate reply. I want to add that this is a confusing thing in GPO, figuring out what instruments have variable vibrato control and which don't.

The Flute is handled differently than any other instrument in GPO - It's labeled "KS" for Keyswitch, indicating that you have to engage the keyswitch trigger notes an octave below the Flute's bottom range. Look at ARIA's inteface when you have the Flute Solo KS loaded. It defaults to the C which engages the Vibrato samples, and that's labeled to the left of the virtual keyboard. Click the D, and you engage the Non-vibrato samples, and that's also labeled on the left. Finally you can click the E to get Flutter.

Those Keyswitches can be put into your sequence for automatic switching back and forth between Vibrato, Non-Vibrato and Flutter.

And Silh was also correct about it being an error that VibSpd is included in that Flute's control page. That shouldn't be there, because that control only changes the speed of instruments which have their Vibrato controlled by AfterTouch.

Here's a recent thread about Vibrato in GPO. Included is a link to a list of all the instruments in GPO which can have their Vibrato controlled. --And to repeat, the Flute is an exception in GPO - it's just through the Keyswitches that you can turn the built-in Vibrato on and off.

VIBRATO IN GPO THREAD

Randy

Ah, ok. Thank you for your reply.

Go Back to forum