• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vanguard Demo...

Vanguard Demo...

Here\'s a theme I worked up for a game called, \"Vanguard.\" It\'s an adventure/fantasy game with quite an epic story for the PC platform. Comments/Suggestions welcome.

( www.aaronsapp.com/V.mp3 ) Case-sensitive.

Perhaps Mschiff would like to work some of his mastering finesse~~ [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Vanguard Demo...

Hi Aaron,

I agree with Sharmy, you did a very nice composition : good orchestration and I like the mix \"baroque\" and \" hollywood style\".
    The strings are realistic in their play (not easy to be realistic when the line is fast and syncoped). I\'d would like to know which library you\'re using for strings ( and brass too).
    Thanks and again, congratulations.

Vanguard? Wasn\'t that an arcade game a long time ago? I also played that on the 5200 I believe. sorry for the trip down memory lane but I liked that game alot!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] And yes, I realize it has nothing to do with the pc game mentioned. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Vanguard? BillBrown scored a game called USF (might have been UFS) Vanguard, but it didnt get released. It was a great score though, im so glad you can still download it

So it sounds like you have brooken into the game marktet? Was that your plan or where you headed towareds the tv/film market?
    The peace is EXCellent.

Thanks for the comments. The company I\'m working for is really really small right now. (Less than 10 people) They just opened up a working studio downtown and have been up and running for nearly 3 weeks.

I\'m not solely heading toward the game audio industry, but if an opportunity comes around for that, I\'ll take it.

The violin and bass sustains are Kirk Hunter, and the pizzicati is Garritan. Brass is SAM horns mixed with Dan Dean, and some Kirk Hunter horns and tubas.

I would be happy to work on your piece, but I can\'t seem to download it. I get a page not found error on the link.

You can send it to me by email if you like.

You know what to do with the address. Or if you want to send me a wav file on a CD (I\'m in Florida also, so it would get here quickly) it would be a lot better job. You can find my address and phone number at www.cdsol.com.

Whoops! I changed the link a couple days ago, my mistake. Here\'s the new link:

( www.aaronsapp.com/mp3/Vanguard.mp3 ) Case-Sensitive

Thanks Mschiff, I will send a .wav file to you when I\'m finished. I have a friend who does all that mastering and engineering stuff, but orchestral mastering isn\'t his forte unfortunetely.

Myrtle Beach, SC (USA)

Wow... Great Demo, Aaron! Gary

That\'s better [smile]. Nice demo.

Since it is so short, you could just email me the wav file if you have a fast connection, or give me some way to download it.

I\'m at work now, but if you send it to my email address, I\'ll do it over the weekend.

-- Martin

Go Back to forum