• Register
  • Help

Topic: Up/Downbow

Share/Bookmark

Up/Downbow

I was wondering about these string sample lib, if I need special midi track to play up/downbow on strings or can I mark it as an event in the midi track I\'m working with?

Btw. Is the same approach used for marcato etc.?

sincerely,
    Falcon1

Re: Up/Downbow

I\'m just talking in general, how does these string lib approach such technical things.

Btw. I didn\'t know that GOS has this automaticly build in. That\'s cool!

What about other libs? Also automatic?

sincerely,
    Falcon1

Originally posted by falcon1:
    Btw. I didn\'t know that GOS has this automaticly build in. That\'s cool!
    Falcon1
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Falcon1

Yes, GOS has a feature to alternate automatically between up-bows and down-bows (détaché playing). This is accomplished by a seperate MIDI program called MaestroTools. Here\'s how it works:

Alternate samples reside on different zones of the keyboard. Down-bow amples on the bottom half and up-bow samples on the top half

With GOS, you would play this passage as you normally would, and with MaestroTools the notes would automatically alternate.

The first note would be a down-bow, followed by an up-bow, then a down-bow, and so on. Also, you can also have MaestroTools play only down-bows or only up-bows. For more information about the MaestroTools Auto-alternator, or other control features, visit: http://www.gigastrings.com/control.html#MTAA

Gary Garritan

Originally posted by falcon1:
    I was wondering about these string sample lib, if I need special midi track to play up/downbow on strings or can I mark it as an event in the midi track I\'m working with?

Btw. Is the same approach used for marcato etc.?

sincerely,
    Falcon1
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If you\'re talking about GOS, you might have better luck asking this question in Gary Garritan\'s forum. With His strings, maestro tools handles all of that work, you just play the notes and maestro does the switching automatically.

Rick

Go Back to forum