• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: FX teleport

Share/Bookmark

FX teleport

The demo\'s up. I was wondering if anybody has had the chance to give it a good test drive yet.

Re: FX teleport

FX Teleport is one truly amazing piece of software! Max, the programmer is incredibly fast at ironing out bugs, which are now almost non-existent. I cannot recommend this tool enough for those who have multiple computers and want to incorporate everything into one sequencer computer. It\'s like magic, really [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Saves you 1000\'s of bucks worth of hardware connections and works just as well, if not even better. FX Teleport is another great reason to go with PC instead of MAC. Whenever you run out of processing power or RAM on your sequencer computer or FX Teleport servers you just add another computer and you\'re all set. You don\'t even need to buy expensive sound cards, in fact you don\'t need soundcards on your server computers at ALL! You can have the most powerful VSTi-based studio at your fingertips with FX Teleport and FX Freeze. Make sure you get a gigabit lan switch and network interfaces in all your computers, though.

Loading and saving projects is a breeze because it automatically saves all settings including patch data and midi controllers etc, for full and instant loading of a project in the sequencer of your choice. I\'m working with it in SONAR, and I\'m a hardcore user of the tool with more than 4 computers in a network, all running FX Teleport. It works like a charm.

Definitely one of the highlights this year.

Thomas

Originally posted by Thomas_J:
    FX Teleport is one truly amazing piece of software! Max, the programmer is incredibly fast at ironing out bugs, which are now almost non-existent. I cannot recommend this tool enough for those who have multiple computers and want to incorporate everything into one sequencer computer. It\'s like magic, really [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Saves you 1000\'s of bucks worth of hardware connections and works just as well, if not even better. FX Teleport is another great reason to go with PC instead of MAC. Whenever you run out of processing power or RAM on your sequencer computer or FX Teleport servers you just add another computer and you\'re all set. You don\'t even need to buy expensive sound cards, in fact you don\'t need soundcards on your server computers at ALL! You can have the most powerful VSTi-based studio at your fingertips with FX Teleport and FX Freeze. Make sure you get a gigabit lan switch and network interfaces in all your computers, though.

Loading and saving projects is a breeze because it automatically saves all settings including patch data and midi controllers etc, for full and instant loading of a project in the sequencer of your choice. I\'m working with it in SONAR, and I\'m a hardcore user of the tool with more than 4 computers in a network, all running FX Teleport. It works like a charm.

Definitely one of the highlights this year.

Thomas
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ditto!!
    It\'s a dream!!!!!!!!

Danny Lux

Sounds good.

Thanks for the replies guys. I\'m just wondering what you\'re running on the other computers. I\'ve been mulling over the idea of replacing my Gigastudios with a few Halion 2s & FX on seperate computers - it would solve a lot of problems.

Buy it.

Buy it if you\'re on a PC, and if you have a mac, but can still use it with VSTack and such, buy it too. If you\'re a Mac user keep an ear out for waht Max might have in store.

Buy it, its cheap, Buy it it works, Buy it I cant reccoment either of his two products more. I\'m buying it and I could get it for free, thats how much I believe in it, and how much I believe he\'s saving me money, has built a useful tool.

Buy it, its great, buy it he deserves it. Buy it, its only going to get 10 times better in the future, so why not make sure you dont spend money on stuff you dont need (audio hardware) right now.

Also keep an ear out in the next couple of months for a huge and incredibly cool announcement from Max.

Anyhow, its rare when I find a piece of software I dig like this. If you have the $$$ and need to ultra low latency hardware on ALL your machines then by all means buy the hardware (skip V-stack as it compunds latency), but if you\'re looking tosave $$$ and still want good latency (static accross all machines), buy a good Audio card for your host machine, and get FXT.

Originally posted by KingIdiot:

Also keep an ear out in the next couple of months for a huge and incredibly cool announcement from Max.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It\'ll be able to host Gigastudio?!!!!

I didn\'t say anything about giga studio [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] , jsut that its incredibly cool

Ditto on every positive thing that\'s been said so far about FXTeleport. Nothing short of amazing!

/Mattias

Should you really use giga ethernet? I was hoping to get by on 100 base T. But I was thinking about something that someone may help me in. I share cable modem service with my neighbor using my Linksys router. I am sort of hesitant to run teleport through that as there might be intermittent extraneous traffic. It is possible in WinXP Pro to install two different ethernet cards and have in essence 2 discreet busses? I could get 2 giga ethernet cards and pop them in in my 2 machines. Also will fxteleport work with a ethernet crossover wire or do you really need a switch?

Sure you can use it with a crossed UTP cable. That has nothing to do with the network. I recommend a gigabit switch if you want to use more than one computer. If you\'re using one computer it\'s no problem with 100mbit.

Thomas

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast