• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A nice girl like you (lite jazz)

Share/Bookmark

A nice girl like you (lite jazz)

This song uses JABB e. piano, flute and flugelhorn. Please give it a listen.
    Thanks, Jay.

www.jesse.us.com/girl.mp3

Re: A nice girl like you (lite jazz)

Aaah now rubbing hands in glee - another Really, and I mean Super really nice piece of smooth jazz from Jay. Sounds fantastic, my man, and so smartly composed.

Randy

A very nice song.
    Long live lite jazz!
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Musically, lovely. Rendition, superb. I haven't listened to a lot of jazz on virtual instruments. How did you get it to sound so darn realistic? That flute is amazing.

Been hearing a lot of great stuff on this forum recently. Time to start organizing all this onto my iPod.

Time to start organizing all this onto my iPod.
    It's better to listen carefully

Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Great!!!! Nothing less.

Raymond

Randy! Thank you very much. I was trying to get a blend with flute and flugelhorn. Jabb samples worked real well for this.

Fabiolcati! I appreciate your taking time to listen, and I especially appreciate the fact that you liked it.

Thank you Mabry. I get into articulation details in SONAR to try and get a relatively realistic sound. In reference to your Fugue post, you might listen closely to the flute and flugelhorn to hear an example of counterpoint in the Jazz idiom.

As always Raymond, your kind comments are appreciated.

I would like to thank you all for listening and commenting. It does mean a lot to me.
    Jay

Hi Jay,

Been enjoying this latest offering of yours for a week or so now ... as usual, good stuff!

Love the Latin underpinning with your classic, easy-jazz style ... works perfectly with the guitar, EP, flute, and flugelhorn. Your harmonic progressions are always very tasty; the piece keeps churning along nicely. I was surprised when it just ended, but intros-endings-and interludes are really pretty subjective territory. I tend to develop endings a lot because to me it's low-hanging fruit to take the last few measures and get 2-3 times as much music out of it for free! LOL!

A really nice listen Jay,

Frank

Let me add my "props" to the rest. I like it a lot! Very realistic and unlike some virtual instrument renditions, the sound doesn't get in the way of enjoyment - I am envious - I haven't come anywhere CLOSE to a rendition as nice as this one.
    Mark McDowell
    Intel i7-920, 12GB, Dual 640GB SATA
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

I really enjoyed this! thanks for sharing!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast