• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: gigapiano

Share/Bookmark

gigapiano

WHO IS THE BEST SETTINGS IN THE WINDOWS FOR TO LOAD THE GIGAPIANO....THE SETTINGS OF MEMORY AND CACHE?
    A MY FRIEND CAN\'T TO LOAD THE GIGAPIANO WITH GIGASAMPLER 1.60 BECAUSE WHEN THE METER OF LOAD IS AT 97 % THE GIGASAMPLER IS BLOKED....THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Re: gigapiano

Don\'t bother.
    The CD is corrupted.

Not necessarily... My GigaPiano worked fine...

I DON\'T THINK THAT THE PROBLEM IS THE CD BECAUSE THE SAME CD AT MY FRIEND IS OK...
    THE PROBLEM ARE THE SETTINGS IN THE WINDOWS OR IN THE GIGASAMPLER....

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

That doesn\'t seem like a problem with Windows. At least not one you can solve by altering cache settings. Something is wrong. How much memory do you have? Could be a lack of RAM problem....

He have a PII 300 MHZ with 128 Mb of RAM and two HD IBM SCSI (4.5 Gb and 9 Gb ) a INITIO SCSI card , a LIVE and a HAMMERFALL 9652 .

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    That doesn\'t seem like a problem with Windows. At least not one you can solve by altering cache settings. Something is wrong. How much memory do you have? Could be a lack of RAM problem....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The cache in the WINDOWS SETUP....Where?

Hi damiafix,

I guess the cache settings being refered to are those in the SYSTEM.INI file in the WINDOWS directory. An example is given below, but the values of minfilecache & maxfilecache should be related to the amount of RAM you have. The example given is being used on a PC with 384 MB RAM, but usually the values are much lower (e.g. 32768 for systems with 128 MB RAM).

[vcache]
    minfilecache=163840
    maxfilecache=163840
    chunksize=512

It is often recommended that the values for minfilecache and maxfilecache be set the same, and I have seen a recommendation that says to set it to a value obtained by dividing your total installed RAM by 4 then multiplying the result by 1024.

Nicholas

thank you very much...
    I will verific if the problem depend of this setting
    Bye from DAMIAFIX

Sigh!!!!!
    The problem is not resolve.....
    I have modify the VCACHE but the GIGASAMPLER don\'t load all the GIGAPIANO and at 97% the GIGASAMPLER is BLOKED...

I don\'t know.....
    Now I wait only a miracle....

Go Back to forum