• Register
  • Help

Topic: Instant Orchestra install fail

Share/Bookmark

Instant Orchestra install fail

Hi all, if this has been answered please point me in the right direction. I have installed Instant Orchestra on my mac laptop with no problem. However, running the IO installer on my PC ends with "Instant Orchestra Install Failed!" This appears after the installer extracts the samples and runs a window that says 'verifying files before decompressing' or something.

I did drop my authorization card onto the Aria player. When I try to load a sample set, I get a window with a list of "Can't open audio file: C:/Program files/ (etc etc... running the whole list of instruments I tried to load) More in log file"

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit on a Dell GX520, 3ghz Pentium D, 4 gb ram.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Instant Orchestra install fail

Quote Originally Posted by guitarsean View Post
    Hi all, if this has been answered please point me in the right direction. I have installed Instant Orchestra on my mac laptop with no problem. However, running the IO installer on my PC ends with "Instant Orchestra Install Failed!" This appears after the installer extracts the samples and runs a window that says 'verifying files before decompressing' or something.

I did drop my authorization card onto the Aria player. When I try to load a sample set, I get a window with a list of "Can't open audio file: C:/Program files/ (etc etc... running the whole list of instruments I tried to load) More in log file"

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit on a Dell GX520, 3ghz Pentium D, 4 gb ram.

Thanks for the help.
    Hi, Guitarsean - Now, that's a drag! But there has to be a solution.

Did you unzip the installation package before you ran the install?

Randy

Yes, I unzipped everything first. I did download the files on my Mac first, then transferred via a portable drive to my PC. File corruption along the way?

Yes, I unzipped everything first. I did download the files on my Mac first, then transferred via a portable drive to my PC. File corruption along the way?
    Hi, Sean - Thanks for the follow up.

I can't remember, but are there two different installation packages for IO?-one for Mac, one for PC?

Randy

It comes as a single zip file. Separate Mac and PC installers with a shared sample library. I'm going to try unpacking the zip file on my PC instead to see if that helps.

It comes as a single zip file. Separate Mac and PC installers with a shared sample library. I'm going to try unpacking the zip file on my PC instead to see if that helps.
    Ah, that's right. Yes, try unzipping directly on your PC to avoid transferring the files.

Randy

That did the trick, unzipping on the PC. I got an error message from WinRAR that it couldn't unpack the IO installer exe file because it was in use, but it still worked. I'm not sure why, but I'm not a computer programmer.

That did the trick, unzipping on the PC. I got an error message from WinRAR that it couldn't unpack the IO installer exe file because it was in use, but it still worked. I'm not sure why, but I'm not a computer programmer.
    Success - good! You have a solid installation now, with the requisite registry entries being made on your PC, something it was searching for before. Glad you went through the steps to see for yourself what to do. That error message--hmm, who knows, but it's good it didn't make a difference.

Now, have a good time with IO.

Randy

Go Back to forum