• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some demos........

Some demos........

I\'ve just started to build my own website and wondered if anyone could comment on the music I\'ve written. The actual website is very basic at the moment - it\'s purely there to hold the music for now. Here\'s the link : http://www.cpb-services.freeserve.co.uk/

Re: Some demos........

This should take to direct to the music : http://www.cpb-services.freeserve.co.uk/music.htm

That\'s wierd - I just uploaded them today and they seem fine when I go to the website. How do you mean download to myself?

Sorry, I see what you mean (it\'s late here in England and my brain\'s tired!). Yeah, tired that - seems to be fine.

works for me.

Hi Doug,
    it works for me and I think it sounds very nice. I wouldn\'t give you any advice on mixing because I suppose you know that better than I. I specially like 1 2 ,3, but maybe 5 and 6 are too close to the style of three. Could be interesting to give some more contrast. And, sorry for this, but I think the strings in 4 are horrible. I don\'t think it has anything to do with your mix, they don\'t sound very natural to me. I use to believe the sampling of string sections is not at the point for now...
    Could you tell us what libraries you were using?

Hi Markus, thanks for your comments. Number 4 was SO hard to get the right sound (and your right, it\'s still not there). I\'m using GOS entirely for strings (well, a bit of DDSS thrown in) and the grand sustains for number 4 had the right sound but were a bit sluggish - tried using the King Strings but so muchtweaking was needed. The other libraries are LOP, Ultimate timps, SOV, DDSB, DDBE, GigaHarp, DDSW and Steinberg\'s The Grand.

Go Back to forum