• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Piano Quintet No. 2

Share/Bookmark

Piano Quintet No. 2

This is my 2nd piano quintet - again a more contemporary piece.

www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Re: Piano Quintet No. 2

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    This is my 2nd piano quintet - again a more contemporary piece.
    Bravo, Graham - Gentle and very pretty, with an especially captivating piano line. Production is A+

Randy

I really loved listening to this piece. It reminds of a scenario where you are with your loved one and enjoying everything around you. It really is a beautiful piece. I tend to love piano compositions! The piano version of Terra's Theme from FF6 is an excellent example of another good piano piece. Thank you for sharing this.

regards,

Richard

Thanks for listening Randy and Richard.

I also love listening to pieces like this - I find the piano incredibly relaxing, and I feel privileged to be able to compose such pieces that others can feel the same way about them.

Just to put them together, here's the first piece

www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Hey Graham! When you said this was a contemporary piece, I was expecting something a little on the fringe, but this was very nice indeed. It had a mellow quality to it that I enjoyed. Thanks for posting. Jay

Very nice piece. Also, your skill in getting every aspect of the recording to sound really good is quite impressive.

Norman

Thanks Jay and Norman.

It'd be rare that I'd be experimenting on the fringes to be honest, least of all on the piano. Most of my piano work to date didn't have much structure regarding phrases, chords or themes - so I wanted to try that instead. Very little changing in both of these pieces throughout from the chords, in blocks of 4 bars (or 8), 1 chord per bar or 2 bars, with small changes or little added complexity each new 4 bar block (or 8 bar block).

Thanks also for the compliment on the sound production because that is something I've be working extremely hard on over the last few months. True you need a good instruments, but with some careful EQ and an amazing reverb plugin (arts acoustic) you can add a lot to the character of the instruments.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Clearly one of the more mature and finely conceived pieces I have experienced on the forum. Thank you for your talent and willingness to share.

Very beautiful.
    ~Rodney

Hello Graham, glad I saw this on the page! This is quite calming, I really enjoyed the listen. The balance of the piano vs. the strings is just swell. This is quite different from the other posts of yours I've seen; that is, it has much lighter instrumentation. It's great to hear you handle small ensembles just as well as the larger, thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast