• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Steinway disappeared?

Share/Bookmark

Steinway disappeared?

Thought I'd bring this question here. Any one of our moderators have any word on what happened to the Steinway? It's not anywhere on the Garritan website anymore. Thanks guys!

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: Steinway disappeared?

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    Thought I'd bring this question here. Any one of our moderators have any word on what happened to the Steinway? It's not anywhere on the Garritan website anymore. Thanks guys!

Gary
    Well now, you're right, Gary. Maybe someone else has info - I have none!

Randy

When I go to log into my account at Garritan.com, Authorized Steinway is still there for me to download.

Thank the heavens I picked that baby up. xD

Maybe the partnership ended (which would be unfortunate)?

Quote Originally Posted by Iacobus Rodelus View Post
    When I go to log into my account at Garritan.com, Authorized Steinway is still there for me to download.

Thank the heavens I picked that baby up. xD

Maybe the partnership ended (which would be unfortunate)?
    That's right, if you already have the Steinway, it will still be there on your personal download page.

I really think there's just some updating being done. Let's wait and see what happens!

Randy

I truly hope that we are getting a new version of the Authorized Steinway!
    After a long crusade in searching for a lightweight, good sounding and not to expensive virtual piano, I found and bought a license for the basic version.
    To my knowledge, and believe me that I have searched extensively, there is no better solution on the market. By a long way! Period.

Hi Gary/Randy and company,

I noticed the same thing last week. I got a Sonar/Dim Pro promo (w/ demos) for a piano and I wanted to compare it to the GAS demos ... when I went to the page: Nada!!

I would like to think it's a site/product revamp, but over a week (and who know's how long before we stumbled on the GAS absence) ... I don't know why you would remove the demos if you were still marketing the product????

Here's hoping it's still part of the family! (or the next generation of GAS if that's the reason for pulling the current versions).

Frank

It would be a shame if it is discontinued. I have wanted to upgrade from Basic to Pro since August last year, and I was told it was coming, but I guess that is out, now. When I found out the product had disappeared I bought the Galaxy Vintage D instead.

I exchanged a few pm's with Jeff Hurchalla two or three years ago, and he told me he was working on v2. Fingers crossed, but I have a bad feeling about this. With Garritan's health problems and the MakeMusic takeover I doubt we'll see Authorized Steinway return.

Nevertheless, I think they shouldn't leave current owners in the dark as to the future of their products. Just let us know what's gonna happen.

Another heads-up: it was claimed (somewhat misleadingly) that the Steinway/ARIA engine was 64-bit compatible. This is not untrue, because the 32-bit version continues to work in bridged mode when in 64-bit (I'm talking Cubase here), but it is NOT 64-bit native.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephonic View Post
    It would be a shame if it is discontinued. I have wanted to upgrade from Basic to Pro since August last year, and I was told it was coming, but I guess that is out, now...Garritan's health problems and the MakeMusic takeover I doubt we'll see Authorized Steinway return.

Another heads-up: it was claimed (somewhat misleadingly) that the Steinway/ARIA engine was 64-bit compatible. This is not untrue, because the 32-bit version continues to work in bridged mode when in 64-bit (I'm talking Cubase here), but it is NOT 64-bit native.
    Hello, Zephonic - I understand it's only natural to speculate as you do here, but as you publish your speculation, you have to keep in mind that it's only your personal speculation. You, none of us, have any actual knowledge about the Steinway being continued or not. You may doubt that it will return, but there's really nothing you're basing that on. To say just the opposite, that the Steinway is definitely returning, is equally as true as a speculation.

Your last paragraph is incorrect. The Steinway was the first Library to be released in the ARIA format. At that time, it had its own ARIA player, unique to itself. Later, ARIA was developed more, and all of the Garritan Libraries were ported into ARIA. At this point, there's just ARIA - And when you have ARIA, there are two different versions, a 32 bit and a 64 bit. The latter is a full fledged 64 bit plugin in no need of bridging, and the Steinway plays in that.

Randy

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hello, Zephonic - I understand it's only natural to speculate as you do here, but as you publish your speculation, you have to keep in mind that it's only your personal speculation. You, none of us, have any actual knowledge about the Steinway being continued or not. You may doubt that it will return, but there's really nothing you're basing that on. To say just the opposite, that the Steinway is definitely returning, is equally as true as a speculation.
    Fair enough. Of course I was only speculating, I do not have any kind of inside knowledge. I thought that was pretty obvious, but guess it doesn't hurt you made sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Your last paragraph is incorrect. The Steinway was the first Library to be released in the ARIA format. At that time, it had its own ARIA player, unique to itself. Later, ARIA was developed more, and all of the Garritan Libraries were ported into ARIA. At this point, there's just ARIA - And when you have ARIA, there are two different versions, a 32 bit and a 64 bit. The latter is a full fledged 64 bit plugin in no need of bridging, and the Steinway plays in that.
    That is great, but where to find it? The Plogue website does say it is a 64-bit engine, but none of the links to the aria engine website work. And are you sure it is 64-bit native for Mac/VST?

I would love to get my hands on it, as the Aria engine is a little marvel of efficiency. On my system, anyway.

Hello again, Zephonic - Thanks for your new post.

In my earlier reply, I just wanted to make sure people could see that there's nothing any of us know about which logically leads to any conclusion about what's being done with the Steinway. Hopefully I'll get a reply soon to the question about the piano's future that I've sent to people who should know the answer. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

About ARIA - I see what you mean! The "ariaengine" site isn't up. Trying its URL returns a "Database Error." That's news to me - So now I have a question about that sent in. My speculation on that is perhaps due to the upcoming major update to ARIA, those pages about the currently available version (1.111) have been temporarily put on hold. I don't know, but I Do know that the new ARIA will soon be publicly available.

ARIA's never been available as a download on its own. Users with Libraries that use ARIA as the sample playback engine have ARIA included with the product. Once someone has one of the Garritan Libraries, then updates to ARIA have always been available at the Garritan business site.

So, if you currently have the Steinway, when you login at the Garritan site, on your "Free Downloads" page, the latest ARIA is available for download. I checked this out just now before writing, to make sure ARIA was still available that way, and it is.

Through this URL:

http://www.garritan.com/store/regist...ownloads/free/

Any free downloads available to my account are listed. On that page I have two downloads for ARIA Player 1.111, one for Windows one for OS-X. When clicking the Download button, the download starts.

But, as I'm saying, those free download links will only appear at the Garritan.com site if you are a registered user of a Garritan Library and you have an account at the site.

Once you have the download, both a 32 bit version and 64 bit version are available for installation. As with all things Garritan, the default installation path on a 64 bit PC is in Program Files>Garritan, not Program Files (X86.) The 32 bit ARIA .dll file and the 64 bit ARIA .dll file both need to be placed appropriately on your computer e.g. the VST folder(s) for your music programs.

Also at the Garritan.com site, under the regular Downloads tab, products you have purchased are available for re-downloading if you need them.

Randy

Go Back to forum