• Register
  • Help

Topic: Liquid Grooves Akai to GStudio Conversion/Loading Error

Share/Bookmark

Liquid Grooves Akai to GStudio Conversion/Loading Error

I\'ve attempting converting/copying Liquid Grooves Akai via GStudio 2.54.

It has worked except on Disc A, partition B, where I get an error message from GStudio, and the system freezes. (i.e. Disc B was fine, and all other partitions from Disc A was fine).

Error message:

Err-556d
    Bad FAT offset

Is this a problem with GStudio, conversion settings, CD media, or the drives (I\'ve tried both the DVD-ROM drive, and the CD-R drive, with the same results.

Why do error messages always give cryptic codes, which leaves the end-user no further ahead, in determining what is wrong.

Re: Liquid Grooves Akai to GStudio Conversion/Loading Error

That\'s not cryptic.... if you understand it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] FAT - File Allocation Table. Sounds like a media/drive problem. Is there another SYSTEM you could try this on at all? Some times with Akai discs, some CDRoms just don\'t play with them nicely. I\'ve had issues with EMu discs and certain CDRom drives. Some things work perfectly fine, other things don\'t. It could be that the disc simply needs a good cleaning too.

Devon

That\'s not cryptic.... if you understand it.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I guess I meant the number being cryptic. Manuals often list error codes and meanings, but never the one that comes up, it seems!

FAT - File Allocation Table. Sounds like a media/drive problem.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Agreed.

Is there another SYSTEM you could try this on at all? It could be that the disc simply needs a good cleaning too.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I don\'t have GStudio installed on any other system. I\'ve checked re: cleaning. This is brand new media, at least brand new to mean. I had the Kurzweil format, and traded for the Akai format (with Illio) so I could use it with GStudio.

Again, everything else has loaded OK. (Including Akai version of Symphony of Voices.)

I guess I should contact Illio about this. Perhaps they will send a replace disc.

Lawrence

Looks good, and works for CD\'s don\'t go hand in hand. I have a CD that is SCRATCHED to heck and back, and does not skip ONCE. I had another cd that looks PERFECT, yet it skipped. Note - this CD player also played all my other audio CD\'s perfectly fine, of which I had hundreds. Ask Ilio for a replacement sounds like a good idea.

Devon

Go Back to forum