• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Setting the controller response in Giga editor

Share/Bookmark

OT: Setting the controller response in Giga editor

Sorry for the dumb question but, well here goes...

When I use CC11 (expression) with a library like Sam Horns I get a great response from 0-127.

When I try the same thing with an AO sample it seems like the expression only kicks in around about the 80% mark.

Is there a way in the Giga editor to adjust the curve response? I don\'t even know if I\'m using the right term. I mean, to make the sample more expressive. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks, Scott.

Re: OT: Setting the controller response in Giga editor

what you\'re talkinga bout is the curve in the crossfade editor of iga. Right click the patch name in the editor, and select crossfade editor. and you can redraw the linear curve. Linear curves are very limited so you cant do much.

In regards to AO. They have the piano layer play along with the forte layer when you moce teh mod wheel. This means its less of an X-fade, and more of a layer volume control. You might want to make it an actual Xfade, by making the piano layer fade out as you move the mod wheel up.

Also you can attenuate the piano layer\'s volume by selection all regions in the patch, and then going to the mixer tab in the lower right hand corner, then changing the attenuation value (drag the little scroller, I dont think it will let you type a number in). This will make the forte layer sound louder than the piano layer. This of course may end up like \"too much\" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The reason Sam Horns or GOS, or SI, or DDBE work so well is that there are more than two layers being Xfaded. As well they may be using filters to make the transitions smoother.

Thanks King! I\'m mangling my samples now!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wait till giga 3 shows up. I\'m sure there will be much more to mangle [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

You should see me in Kontakt right now. I\'m like a Mad Scientist.

Go Back to forum