• Register
  • Help

Topic: Quick Sonar Tip

Share/Bookmark

Quick Sonar Tip

This may have been posted in the past I do not know..

I was messing around with a particular VST and even digging into it's programming/xml files to figure out why it was not working.

Well to make a long story short, there are quite a few VST/DXI instruments that dislike "x-ray" windows in Sonar and will behave badly or not work at all!

I am passing this on because some VSTs I have wanted to use in Sonar but never could suddenly work. Maybe you have a VST that is acting strange. Give it a shot.. This fixed quite a few "waves" in particular VSTs(all of them actually)...

Good Sonaring(if that is a word).
    Robert Davis

Re: Quick Sonar Tip

Quote Originally Posted by Cantabile View Post
    This may have been posted in the past I do not know..

I was messing around with a particular VST and even digging into it's programming/xml files to figure out why it was not working.

Well to make a long story short, there are quite a few VST/DXI instruments that dislike "x-ray" windows in Sonar and will behave badly or not work at all!

I am passing this on because some VSTs I have wanted to use in Sonar but never could suddenly work. Maybe you have a VST that is acting strange. Give it a shot.. This fixed quite a few "waves" in particular VSTs(all of them actually)...

Good Sonaring(if that is a word).
    Interesting discovery, Robert! That's a new one on me, because I've never used the x-ray feature - After reading your post, now I'll just leave it off.

It's great to see more tips posted here in General Discussion, since this is the Garritan Forum most often visited. So thanks for the post, and it's also great to see you, Robert.

Randy

Re: Quick Sonar Tip

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Interesting discovery, Robert! That's a new one on me, because I've never used the x-ray feature - After reading your post, now I'll just leave it off.

It's great to see more tips posted here in General Discussion, since this is the Garritan Forum most often visited. So thanks for the post, and it's also great to see you, Robert.

Randy
    Greetings! Good to see you as well! Yea X-Ray windows has been known to make certain plug ins act funny or not work at all... I would say it was the plugins fault but after it fixed some other plugin issues It is safe to assume it is just a bug in x-ray..
    Robert Davis

Go Back to forum