• Register
  • Help

Topic: Drum Grooves for the "Smooth" Set

Share/Bookmark

Drum Grooves for the "Smooth" Set

I have been asked to produce some \"smooth jazz\" (Man, I dislike that term!) tracks for this guy and am seeking input on the best drum libraries for that purpose. Presumably the Spectrasonics acoustic libraries are great, and maybe Stylus. Any thoughts on these or others? Thanks.

Re: Drum Grooves for the "Smooth" Set

try studio drums from Native instruments.
    lot of good kit there.

I use Discrete drums for a lot of stuff . I really like the kit stuff, though the snares get old quick. I love the snares from the Joey Kramer library I bought as well as Steve Smith. And if I had to just buy one library today, I\'d get Drums from Hell. Plus the price is just right. I have stylus and LOVE it, but probably not for a lot of Smooth Jazz tracks. That\'s just my 2¢.

J-

\"kickin jazz\" sampling cd by w.c. music research
    has some great audio loops played by bernard purdie. but it also has \"dna\" grooves and midi files of all the audio beats.

Thanks for that info, laz. I think this is exactly what I\'ve been looking for.

Dasher

dasher,
    the dna groove files that come with the disk is what i dig about the cd. theres another cd also by ernest cholakis called \"percussion incognito\"
    with armando borg on percussion instruments. it also has the dna groove files , midi files and audio. really cool stuff.

Laz, I emailed Ernest yesterday, have not received a reply yet - do you know what the difference is between the audio and Akai verions? The web site implied that even the audio versions come with DNA Grooves, so what do I get for the extra $50?

Thanks

Dasher

Dasher

I have been out of town for the last couple of days. The audio CD and the Akai versions come with an extra CD Rom that includes the DNA Grooves and midi files in Mac and PC format.

Ernest Cholakis
    Numerical Sound
    www.numericalsound.com

Dasher

The PC format includes all the same waves on the audio cd but they are in a CD Rom format individually named and include the loop points.

Ernest Cholakis
    Numerical Sound
    www.numericalsound.com

Ahh, that\'s what I needed to know. Thanks, Ernest.

Dasher

Go Back to forum